My Peregrine got in the NEWA :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Yay! Thanks to people that gave me tips on Peregrines in the Flora and Fauna folder, I completed my picture and it has been accepted into the National Exhibition of Wildlife Art.

Pop along to the exhibition if you can , its on the Wirral, if anyone is nearby and likes wildlife art.
http://www.newa-uk.com/index.php

Here is my picture, titled "Strike" its pastel and charcoal.

pereginenewa.jpg

I stopped working on the picture for a while not knowing what to have the bird killing, but a pigeon flew into the window and sacrificed itself. I posed its body to what I wanted and painted it into the pic :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That's a lovely piece of art Firecrest and congratulations on getting it accepted into the exhibition. It thoroughly deserves it.

When will we be seeing your name sake? :)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Cheers guys :)

Ive painted Goldcrest before. But Ive never painted a Firecrest. Still time though.

Bobbin

Jan 20, 2007
England
That's one very nice piece of work, you almost expect the peregrine to move its wings at any moment.

Congratulations too for winning a place in the exhibition, hope this is the first of many :).

Best regards
Bobbin

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ive got in the exhibition before, but selling is the problem! so many good artists there, I dont think Ive sold a single peice!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE