My new Wildwood small carving tools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Last year, I was forced to trim our hedge along the road, when I realised the ivy in there had smothered a 30 Highway road sign...I did'nt want to have trouble with...:cop: hence the trimming. I ended with a hugh pile of branches, including lots of ivy, which I piled up in a corner of the garden and conveniently forgot about....with the justification that it made a nifty wildlife cover....:rolleyes:

I reluctanly decided clearing it up with a nice bonfire had become a necessity..:(

Where is he going with that, I hear you say.....to cut a long story short, having spent autumn, winter & a wet spring made the ivy bark rot to a slime.... but...under the slime, spalted Ivy make very, very nice handles! Needless to say, the ivy has been spared the bonfire.

Here are a few small carving knives I have made, including handling a Flexcut V chisel. Apart from the flexcut chisel, I forged the other blades. I am making another two forged spoon knives right at the moment, I'll post the pics when they're done.

I am really pleased with those, all the tools can be different, which I think helps pick up the right tool more quickly than if all the handles are the same.

Enjoy!

DSCF5519-1.jpg

DSCF5520.jpg

DSCF5521.jpg

DSCF5522-1.jpg

DSCF5523.jpg

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Sweet! Love the handles and the blades. You made the spoon knife for the wrong hand though. ;)

That particular Flexcut V tool is one of my favorites to use. Very handy. The tall wings on the V are good for removing wood.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
One thing about your work jojo: it's always different from the 'norm' and to say it's unique would be an understatement. Fantastic job!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very ergo looking and pretty too. Just dont take em the woods and put them down for a minute......

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
m8 theyre lovely....ivy huh?.....reaching for me pruners right now lol.....got a corner in the garden that is simply begging for a ''wildlife cover''.....

a

Last edited:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
They look superb.
I love the use of the ivy for handles.May have to go out and do some trimming as I've run out of rosemary branches now.
I do like the feel of a complete branch handle ; they feel more natural and organic somehow.(Tree-hugger!)
Cheers , Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE