my new ridgline monsoon jacket...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

caswcc

May 5, 2010
kent
dscf3769d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]finally got my monsoon jacket on fri am well impressed the shop i got it from have it on offer for £100 at the moment so even more happy with it.. the quality is up to there usual standard and i can't wait to try it out when the weather turns again have taken a few pics so u can see how nice it is...
dscf3767.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
dscf3773.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
dscf3779.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
looks really good and affordable enough not to worry damaging it, where did you get yours? in the UK?

caswcc

May 5, 2010
kent
yeah have worn it a few times now.. comfortable and very breathable.. got it in the uk the shop is just round the corner from me... he still has some in stock.. lrg and x large i think... pm me if u want the phone number... he is into his bushcraft he's just started stocking a nice range of stuff from sweden some very affordable knives and traditional flint and steel sets... brought one of the knives and its great... £22 will post a pic later if i get time...

caswcc

May 5, 2010
kent
i agree love the jacket but really miss the hand pockets... very waterproof and breathable.. well worth the price...

Father Jake

Oct 22, 2010
North Yorkshire
nice one. I think I'm going to order mine right now. an early christmas present.

Does anybody know if this is the only colour? I've seen one from riflesports that looks more green.

Father Jake

Oct 22, 2010
North Yorkshire
no problem. you see what i mean? They reckon theirs is a light green colour but i've spoken to others who stock it and they're positive it's only available in Teak.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I had one in my hands but was put off by the hood which didn't seem to have good anchor points on the front of the jacket. I was worried it would just flap around at the back. How have you found it ?
NS

Father Jake

Oct 22, 2010
North Yorkshire
Yeah. It's quite generous. I got mine from scottcountry. incredibley helpful. Give them a ring and tell them your chest size and they'll tell you what to go for.

Father Jake

Oct 22, 2010
North Yorkshire
If i take a deep breath and when the tape around my chest is at 100cm, it starts to get a little tight so i went for the medium. I was a little confused at the ridgeline size guide as it said 100cm is a medium so i thought i'd need a large, but i was later told that it would fit a chest size of 100cm. So i went for a medium and there's still plenty of room for a jumper or something underneath it. They're primarily designed for shooting i think, hence the big breast procket so they're supposed to be roomy for lying down and stuff like that.

Jake.

Sep 6, 2010
liverpool
i got a ridgeline monsoon smock last week not had it off my back yet, did ask for one in m and got a small tryed it on was fine and can still get a haglofs barrier hood for e c w under it with a bit of room iam a 40 chest , great smock for the price lack of hand warming pockets but cant have everything , unless you want to pay for the one r m wares ..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE