My leather pouches.

Handmade Matt

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2011
Surrey
I've made some leather pouches for my EDC items. Leatherman in one, fenix E01 torch in another and the last for occasional use as a pellet pouch or flint steel and char cloth carrier.
What do you think?
P1210001.jpg

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Very nice pieces Matt.

Try a smaller Sam Browne stud perhaps?

I like the SB fastenings,just a thought re aesthetics,I've a few pouches that just need the smaller ones.

Hth
Tom

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Now personally i like stuff thats just a little different aesthetically. To me its what appeals. ...makes it truly yours and not somebody elses idea of whats what.

Last edited:

Handmade Matt

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2011
Surrey
I've used a fairly thick leather (2-3mm) if I used any smaller (shorter) stud it would've been even more of a squeeze I think..?

I actually had a bit of trouble with them (It's the first time I've used them) When I punched the hole and cut the slit it hasn't turned out very neat after using it a few times. Is it because it was still damp from the wet moulding do you think? Would it be best to wait for it to dry completely before doing it in future?

Thanks for all the awesome feedback guys. All the best.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Great work there mate and now you need to make a belt for them :D.

I like the Celtic pyrography too and I've often wondered how it would work on leather :dunno: Have you tried it?
It works great!
I have a knife sheath in 3mm veg tan (undyed) that Firecrest did for me - supurb!
DSCF5973.jpg

Handmade Matt

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2011
Surrey
Yeah I like these a lot too. They sorta look like they're exhibits from a museum. "This is what a typcial highwayman would have worn on his belt." It has that aged quality about them already. Really like those rounded off edges.

Very nice work mate.

Thanks buddy, everything I make seems to have that "instant antique" look and feel to it. I guess it's because I love old things and it comes out of me creatively.

Handmade Matt

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2011
Surrey
Great work there mate and now you need to make a belt for them :D.

I like the Celtic pyrography too and I've often wondered how it would work on leather :dunno: Have you tried it?

I've made plenty of belts. You can see them on my blog (linked in my signature.)
I've played around with pyrography a bit writing Christmas wishes inside some belts I made as presents.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE