My kit - any suggestions?

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi all,

I have just been looking at my "bushy" kit and took the picture below. Any suggestions what to keep / get rid of / replace?

Mykitemrations-1.jpg

Top to bottom / L to R
Karrimor Sabre 60-100
Matterhorn boots / Army issue basha / thermarest / doss bag / WVP bivvy bag / spork / wooden spoon
Crusader cooker & mug / 58 patt waterbottle & mug / Crusader mess tin
SFA / 2 x 4m para cord / bushy knife / Laplander / DC3 stone / match cases x 2 / film canister tinder / Gerber multi tool / small leather strop.
Hand cleasing gel / Greenheat sachet x2 / hexy / firesteel / spare torch / tea light / compass / head lamp / FAK
Rip stop poncho / hat & gloves / Ventile smock
Emergency rations (FRESH!)

Over to you!

SImon

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Nice well ballanced kit! I would say!

Get rid of the strange looking dog though

Gleams

Nov 20, 2006
Romford
When you pack it all together to you put anything in your crusader mess tin?

What about including a little brew kit?

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
When you pack it all together to you put anything in your crusader mess tin?

What about including a little brew kit?

I usually pack all the little items in the mess tins - para cord, 1 of the match cases, fire steel, Gerber multi tool, strop, DC3, greenheat gel & the hexy. Then the mess tin lives in the right hand, lower stash pocket on the sabre so that i can get to it easily.

Brew kit is usually carried in a small stuff sack - sachets of Kenco Fusion 2 in 1 (coffee & whitener pre mixed). You can also get 3 in 1 with sugar already added but everybody says I am sweet enough already!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Simon

Looks like you`ve got everything covered there, I can`t see anything that`s dead weight and would never be used. That`s one thing that bugs me about a lot of folks setups, for local one night jaunts they seem to pack enough kit for a month in the jungle.
I prefer not to carry a stove and go for a small fire whenever possible, it just seems to add to the whole being outside experience.
Obviously you`ve heard about rabbit starvation and have packed plenty of protein in there aswell. ;)

Rich

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I prefer not to carry a stove and go for a small fire whenever possible, it just seems to add to the whole being outside experience.

I too prefer a small fire but i do not have a local spot where that is possible so "make do" with the Crusader cooker.

The Crusader mess tins have never been used for cooking in - but are great for keeping my smaller items of kit together.

Thanks to all for feedback!

Simon

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
How about your camera,not essential but you will kick yourself when you have not got it with and you wished you had.That said it is something else to carry.
Andy.:)

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
debatable but you might want to replace the black diamond headlight with a petzl.

lighter and easier to wear with a hat,also wearable around the neck when not in use.

if you have the 5 led version it does give a hell of a lightbeam though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE