my First woodstove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, this is my first go at posting a photo so fingers X
largewood.jpg
hope you like it. carl

Last edited:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, i have a plasma cutter, bought it when i worked on my hybred 8v landy. had a lot of work for the 4" angle grinder and thought it would keep next door happy it did. i find all my stuff seams to be on the HD side, but i dont often brake things i make:) well apart from my back moving them. i have made the stack so all you have to do is remove a pin and the stack slide's of the back so it fits in my landy for transport. when i used it for first time it glowed a dull red in the dark made me smile. carl

Deanno

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2010
Cardigan
looks like a safe.
Great effort I don't suppose you could send me some info i.e dimensions and materials.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi,
top plate is 320x560x8mm
stack 120x100mm
fire box 500Lx250Wx300H 3.3mm thick
leg's 40x40mm box 510mm high
door 215x150mm 3.3mm

the fire box is larger than it looks in the photo, i have removed one corner + 20mm from the box section of each leg :confused: and also the side suports where they meet the fire box. so as you look at the frount the fire box, sits in the legs 20mm each side + 20mm into the under fire box 40x40mm surport box section. there are also 5 x 18mm holes under the flat bar under the door. a small plate inside the fire box to stop the flames comming out of the stack and inprove the top plate heat. hope this helps. carl

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, relfy:) i will be long gone but the stove will be ok, i was going to fit an ash pan but i only burn wood and i have found than i only have a small amount of ash 1 pint max after its gone out. not worth getting the welder out for a mod. i made the doobries so i could remove the flue:)
16042010017.jpg
thanks for your time carl

Very nice! Does look like it'll last a few centuries anyway! How does your ash pan work? And what are the doobries hooking round the flue for?

relfy

Nomad
hi, relfy:) i will be long gone but the stove will be ok, i was going to fit an ash pan but i only burn wood and i have found than i only have a small amount of ash 1 pint max after its gone out. not worth getting the welder out for a mod. i made the doobries so i could remove the flue:) thanks for your time carl

Ah! Crafty!! goodjob.... I could do with that kind of set up on my flue on the (narrow) boat. I've never taken it off, but I can see that when I need to, its going to be a pig.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, got the old scales out today:( i thought it was about the same as a bag of spuds 25kg/55lb:) but i was wrong again it was 27kg :) would i change anything yes two things
1st the flue is 3mm wall (all i had )
2nd make it out of stainless steel:)
i also have a second section of flue,that i'm going to adapt so i can fit the stove inside my tent. thank you all for your kind comments. carl

Last edited:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
hi, got the old scales out today:( i thought it was about the same as a bag of spuds 25kg/55lb:) but i was wrong again it was 27kg :) would i change anything yes two things
1st the flue is 3mm wall (all i had )
2nd made it out of stainless steel:)
i also have a second section of flue,that i'm going to adapt so i can fit the stove inside my tent. thank you all for your kind comments. carl

Your backpack must have quite a load rating...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE