My first post and pictures of kit (PIC HEAVY)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Good stuff mate,don't get caught out in spending loads on kit that you'll likely sell on again.

Mind you we've all been and done it,same as all hobbies but just saying there's no need to spend tons.

I'm on the way back down, i.e i've got rid of lots,too much choice can give you headaches.:eek:

Tom.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Good stuff mate,don't get caught out in spending loads on kit that you'll likely sell on again.

Mind you we've all been and done it,same as all hobbies but just saying there's no need to spend tons.

I'm on the way back down, i.e i've got rid of lots,too much choice can give you headaches.:eek:

Tom.

I think its better to buy decent stuff that will last than crap stuff that wont. I think the best buy i have got is the sleeping bag its really big and compfy and is made in the UK £35 what a bargain.

Ive just posted another thread with my Brazillian Rainforest story and pics. check it out guys http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68373

Last edited:

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
welcome fella, i haven't been on here long and have found the forum and its member to be very friendly. loving the lists/pics.
where do you keep the booze? netto carrier bag?

LOL bottle of rum in camelbak? haha just ordered
a snugpak bivvy and a dd tarp XL.

Ive had a stroke of luck! My parents had a couple of family friends and they are both in the TA we got chatting about kit and they said that had some stuff that i could have and they would bring over today. I got a more than i expected.! (anyone know how much this is worth)

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
mother load of rat packs!

No idea of value in money but worth their weight in gold when used.

I love the US MREs when i'm out climbing... nice hot meal at the crag and they have awesome chilli cheese.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
mother load of rat packs!

No idea of value in money but worth their weight in gold when used.

I love the US MREs when i'm out climbing... nice hot meal at the crag and they have awesome chilli cheese.

Yeah i couldnt believe when he came round with this stuff for free! am going to use them sparingly and only take a couple for emergencys.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
If you have a TA contact ask about a bivi bag and Tarp or 'Basha'. hopefully cause everything is going Multicam you can get DPM in a politically correct manner.
If you can win them, you'll save yourself £70+ if they are new.

actually ignore that just realised you got a bivvi and tarp sorted,

for wrapping your knife handle try this tape, used on allsorts of handles.
http://www.sportsaver.co.uk/acatalog/Mueller_Zinc_Oxide_M_Tape.html

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
If you have a TA contact ask about a bivi bag and Tarp or 'Basha'. hopefully cause everything is going Multicam you can get DPM in a politically correct manner.
If you can win them, you'll save yourself £70+ if they are new.

actually ignore that just realised you got a bivvi and tarp sorted,

for wrapping your knife handle try this tape, used on allsorts of handles.
http://www.sportsaver.co.uk/acatalog/Mueller_Zinc_Oxide_M_Tape.html

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.

Thanks lostplanet for the advice and the recommendation of the smock it looks incredible. Am not looking for a such an item at the moment will use the DD poncho if the heavens open up. Thanks for the reply on my kit and yeah im just waiting for my Snugpak bivvy and DD Tarp XL to arrive!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE