My daughters road

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A little back story. Three years ago, my daughter wasdiagnosed with Lupus - a horrible auto immune disease - symptoms include inflammation or other problems with skin and joints, lungs, kidneys, blood, and/or the heart can also be affected. This happened when she was taking her bachelors degree. It was so bad at one point that she couldn't hold a pen without pain, was assigned accommodation next to her lectures, and became registered disabled.

Depressing huh? Anyway being the tough angel that she is, she has now battled through it gaining a law degree from Cambridge and a masters in criminology from Oxford. Perhaps most importantly she is about to run her first half marathon - not a huge achievement for many - but to someone who has to take steroids to control muscle and joint pain, pretty good going I think.

Anyway, cutting to the point of the post, she is seeking sponsorship for her first run for the Lupus society (who advise sufferers on how to cope with the disease) and St Johns Hospice on the Wirral who nursed her beloved Granddad through his end (troubles come not as single spies huh?)

https://www.justgiving.com/teams/Samantharunsthebeat

Thanks to mod team for allowing me to post this up. If anyone can find a spare few bob to support her, you have my sincere thanks, but either way, I hope the story of my little angel's long battling road brightens one of your days - she brightens all of mine! :)

All the best

Red

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That is one tough road and one tough lass!
I cannot use my credit card at the moment but I will try to make a donation some other way ... do you have an addy I can send a cheque?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thank you both :)

John, if you send me a cheque, I'll happily use my card to pay the money in!

Most kind gents

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Lupus is a terrible thing, good on her. I will see what I can put towards the fund later in the week.

Good luck to her on the run.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE