My Cameras

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I have three cameras that I use religiously....My Photo set up is a Canon G10 and 15mpx, as a camera it is simply excellent and a good basic video cam as well....My video set up is a Panasonic HDC SD5 with the three Separate CMOS sensors, full HD with a basic 3mpx digicam if you need it....records onto SD cards and 8Gig gives about 1hour at full HD...my third Video Camera is a 720HD Enovo similar to the flip type vid cameras...again a good little video with 8Gig giving 2 hours of video and a 5mpx digicam...only problem is that when I go out with them there is over £1200.00 worth of equipment I could lose If I were not carefull....I do quite a bit of Video, just the wildlife...and general photography of anything...I never go out without some form of video/camera setup with me at all times.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
my good god you like your digital film and photo equipment dont you but then again i cant say much cos just spent nearly 500 quid on a new nikon D3000 and acessaries so hey whats the diffrence well i have just started this photography crase and it looks like you have been doing it a while

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
For the record, nothing specialized is needed unless you're working at it and want public and professional indemnity. Basic household contents insurance should cover quite well.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
For the record, nothing specialized is needed unless you're working at it and want public and professional indemnity. Basic household contents insurance should cover quite well.

True enough, but it does depend on your insurer. I suspect most insurers will cover you up to a certain amount while you are wandering with your gear. But mine covered only up to £1200 on any one item. If you are out there with any Canon (or similar Nikon/Sony etc eqpt) from say EOS 5D mk2 up to an EOS 1d mk3+ you best check with your insurer and up the premium if necessary. Same goes for any really expensive pieces of kit...watch, binos...nightvision ;)

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
It soon adds up!
I now have Glaucoma and find that I cannot look through a viewfinder of my SLR's for more then a few mins before I loose my peripheral vision.That lasts for over an hour so I am unable to drive after.
So I have invested in a digital range finder with interchangable lenses and a screen on the back (of course that involved more lenses as they are a dif mount!).
I love my photography so i decided it was worth it. But my bank account didn't! lol
£2.5K later.....
So I had better make use of it or SWMBO will be VERY unhappy lol
The insurance does cover it but only just (the lenses are all conciddered separate bits).
Alan

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
It soon adds up!
I now have Glaucoma and find that I cannot look through a viewfinder of my SLR's for more then a few mins before I loose my peripheral vision.That lasts for over an hour so I am unable to drive after.
So I have invested in a digital range finder with interchangable lenses and a screen on the back (of course that involved more lenses as they are a dif mount!).
I love my photography so i decided it was worth it. But my bank account didn't! lol
£2.5K later.....
So I had better make use of it or SWMBO will be VERY unhappy lol
The insurance does cover it but only just (the lenses are all conciddered separate bits).
Alan

digital rangefinder. noice!

could you use a DSLR with liveview? i nknow its compromised in AF speed etc but does looking at the screen affect your vision?, if one policy doesnt cover it all. could you have one for the camera body and a seperate one for the lenses?

that E and L company i use will insure any amount, but if over £2000 (i think) for any 1 individual item and they want the serial numbers etc etc

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
digital rangefinder. noice!

could you use a DSLR with liveview? i nknow its compromised in AF speed etc but does looking at the screen affect your vision?, if one policy doesnt cover it all. could you have one for the camera body and a seperate one for the lenses?

that E and L company i use will insure any amount, but if over £2000 (i think) for any 1 individual item and they want the serial numbers etc etc

Could do but as I have bought the other now no... lol
I decided to go the rangefinder route as its smaller and quieter.
Alan

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
...mine covered only up to £1200 on any one item. If you are out there with any Canon (or similar Nikon/Sony etc eqpt) from say EOS 5D mk2 up to an EOS 1d mk3+...

The OP mentioned £1200 for 3 items. Household contents insurance should suffice if he's worried. Two birds with one stone, etc.

Sorry, I have been working on a few things...my cameras are very important to me and insurance is one of theose things I do not skimp on....I will add that we also have a Canon G9, A Canon 400D with a couple of high end Sigma Lenses, a JVC Picso video cam and a Canon 980 compact amongst our colection of fine cameras....just love taking pics and making movies.

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
If you don't mind me asking - I'm interested to know if you got something specialized. Just thinking that, even if you took everything you owned with you, it could easily be covered on a pretty much basic contents policy.

Also - again, if you don't mind me asking - what was the purpose of the original post? Polite request. 8]

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking - I'm interested to know if you got something specialized. Just thinking that, even if you took everything you owned with you, it could easily be covered on a pretty much basic contents policy.

Also - again, if you don't mind me asking - what was the purpose of the original post? Polite request. 8]

The original post was a follow on from another members post asking what equipment we used for photography....it was hyjacked by someone saying I should make sure they were insured and on and on...to now....I know they meant well but!
I dont need extra insurance as my domestic contents is for £80,000 and covers everything with a bit to spare...

To update my collection, I bought the very pinacle of HD Movie Making yesterday, the Panasonic SD200 with the 3MOS sensors 5.1 3D surround sound and Full Movie HD Spec with a 10.2mpx camera built in....and what a superb bit of kit it is..........best thing is my other full HD Movie Camera is now surplus to requirements and going cheap.

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
Some threads do have a life of their own at times and yours seemed to have just hatched from an egg. Oh well. All's well that ends well, as Wallace (and Gromit) would say. Good luck with your new stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE