My Allotment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Thats a nice hawl Bernie...
I have been surprised at how much veg I have managed to salvage from my spot. I lost pretty much all the brasicas and the carrots have been bad (carrot fly I think), but my parsnips have done well, as have the onions and leeks.
I got so fed up with it all I had just left it too nature, so it was good to get something after all.. Will try again next year...

Do you end up giving most of it away or do you freeze or dry the food..?

Hi Jonny its all pickled,preserved or in one of the freezers,we give some away but not a lot,just keep trying it'll all come right in the end.

Bernie

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
That looks great Bernie. I miss our allotment. :( Are the spuds Desiree - they look like reds anyway from the photo? Great looking plot - love the caulis. No purple sprouting?

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
I've never been able to grow celery, you should show some closeup pix of that?
Is that a 10 rod plot you got? Would love a sample! Swap you some crabapple jelly :)

No probs with a swap,got the seeds for the celery, from realseeds.co.uk,started them in the greenhouse then planted out,and let them get on with it,most surprised as my grandson Issac loved it,bit stringy for me raw ,but the biz for soups and stews.

Bernie

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, I've not much to show right now - but I've just been out to cut a few pumpkins for friends. Done well this year - I think they like the wet

I put the Wetterlings large hunter in for scale

2951137389_c16cb2d485_o.jpg

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE