music can anyone help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
I wonder if any of the masses here can help me.

A bit of history:

In May 2000 Norway was shocked by a brutal and quite horific double child murder. The 2 girls involved were aged 9 and 10 respectively and although the courts banned details of the injuries, reports were that the 2 poor souls had suffered greatly and had been abused before the murderwere commited. Opinion was also that one of the girls saw the other murdered before she herself met her fate!

As you can imagine this shocked the country and particularly the area in which it happened. I lived just under a mile from where the bodies were found.
So what has this to do with music i hear you ask..

well.....
My Niece is now 15 and was the same age as the 2 girls who were murdered. Last year she was set a project at school asking for a poem dealing with something that affected her as she was growing up. She chose the child murders.

She scored highly on the project and then decided that she would like to make this poem into a song, so she composed the music to it on the piano, and her dad paid for some studio time.

The result was a song, sung, written and ( the piano) played by a 15 year old girl, the song is in perfect english, is passionate and raises the hair on my neck ( Ithis happened before i knew the story behind it)

I would love to send this to somepeople in the kniw and see if there is potential here.

one person on the forums will have a cd sent to them upon request.

Can anyone else help getting me some contacts or does anyone have any other ideas?

thanks for your time.

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
i cant do the contacts thing, but i'll listen to it and let you know what i think. oh, i also know some music students down in london so i'll pass it on to them if you want and see if they know anyone who can help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE