Multi Tool - Pliers etc but no blade?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Guessing you are an Amercian? Must be nice to live in a free country.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm SouthAfrican but living over on the Isle of Man now (my Wife is from here).
I was not trying to be pedantic on this thread but comming from a place where just about everyone has some sort of knife, usually for a legit reason and no laws prohibiting the carying, I find it a bit sad that there should be such harsh laws for knives when it seems to be the minority that have through their thoughtless behaviour, made it so difficult for everyone else.
This is why I made the comment about just carrying the tool of bushcraft.
It would be better (I think) if the harsh law was reviewed and people such as those on this forum be alowed to carry the knife, unhindered, none of us (I hope) are of the sort to stab or injure folk, that behaviour seems to be mainly one genere , youth who belong to gangs or who suffer from behaviour problems.
Just frustrating realy to see other countries that embrace bushcraft and its relative activities when in the UK laws seem to hamstring the good folk that just want to camp wild or carry a knife, light a fire or roam.

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
Leatherman makes a bit kit that fits the fuse and Core. I think it will fit the juice as well.
2508823251_2b75ee60bb_o.jpg

Ok, lets try and be good.

My Basic EDC is a SAK Huntsman, and I have found that the things I miss most about my Charge are the bit driver, and pliers. I am looking for a replacement for those options.

Any EDC carry infomation is interesting, made even more interesting by where, and who sees him.

Really like the look of that, if they made one with the bit holder, would be perfect.

Now going to mutter in a corner :)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I know it's not strictly what you are asking for as it has blades, but...........

What about the leatherman juice xe6. It's what I carry, I thought that was legal EDC. I think the old leatherman PST came in the same bracket as well (probably how it became so acceptable to carry a leatherman in the first place).

Non Locking blades at sub 3 inches should mean that it's looked at like a SAK.

Yes they do make a bit kit for the Juice, you can find it here

I swapped to a Juice a few years ago from a Wave more because of hte weight issue in my suit pocket. I haven't looked back. It punches well above it's size and it being legal edc is an added bonus. Seeing that it has a bit holder (new one on me) then that would seem ideal.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Guessing you are an Amercian? Must be nice to live in a free country.

I was not trying to be pedantic on this thread but comming from a place where just about everyone has some sort of knife, usually for a legit reason and no laws prohibiting the carying, I find it a bit sad that there should be such harsh laws for knives when it seems to be the minority that have through their thoughtless behaviour, made it so difficult for everyone else.

Actually, I would argue that the whole knife thing in this country is actual media, and maybe even Government driven. Like most things they do it is smoke and mirrors so people do not question other things, like gun crime.

I really like the look of the juice but paying double to buy it in the UK annoys me. I miss Ebay. It would actual cost me more to own the Juice than I paid for my Charge. Also I am willing to lose my Huntsman to a jobsworth, a juice not so much.

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
You can still buy from the American Ebay if you can find a site with reasonable p&p. I've ordered a couple of things from here:
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Gad-Zooks__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Unfortunately I've just looked at the conversion rate and taxes and I think a Juice would cost sixty odd quid all in. Still probably cheaper than the uk though (Leatherman's UK prices are indefensible!).

Mark

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
You can still buy from the American Ebay if you can find a site with reasonable p&p. I've ordered a couple of things from here:
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Gad-Zooks__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Unfortunately I've just looked at the conversion rate and taxes and I think a Juice would cost sixty odd quid all in. Still probably cheaper than the uk though (Leatherman's UK prices are indefensible!).

Mark

I make it £50.05 which is over £20 cheaper than the UK price. All of the UK Leatherman prices seem to be the same price as the US, so if it is £118 in the UK, it is $118 in the US.

May have to give some thought to this, but the huntsman still has the SAK safety to it, and if needed to part with is only £20ish pound to replace.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE