Multi Tool - Pliers etc but no blade?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Quick Question, does any know of a folding style pliers with bit holder but no blade?

Looking for something to fill the void in my EDC left by not being able to carry my Leatherman Charge.

Mar 16, 2009
Kent
On most Leatherman tools you can unscrew the pivot & remove the blade if you don't want it, just replace it with a small washer of the same thickness to space it out.
I did this with a Micra to save any legal hassle when on my hols, you're still left with the small multi tool but without a knife blade it won't upset anyone.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
A lot of makes such as gerber and SOG as well as leatherman you can remove tools or parts of from the main item. For the SOG and leatherman tools you can get replacement or other items to put in place of the knife, just a suggestion I know sog offer a V cutter for seat belts which is legal.

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
A lot of makes such as gerber and SOG as well as leatherman you can remove tools or parts of from the main item. For the SOG and leatherman tools you can get replacement or other items to put in place of the knife, just a suggestion I know sog offer a V cutter for seat belts which is legal.

Im sure I remember seeing replacement tools for gerbers too?

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
It has a non locking knife but I've got a Leatherman kick which was just what I was after.

Only a few tools and non locking blade, lighter and cheaper than them models that I have no interest in.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I dont understand why you bend to the rediculous laws covering multitools, just carry the thing with a blade, ******** to the law.

I do not believe that BCUK, nor the majority of us on here would support your attitude to the Law!

Whilst the carrying of a Leatherman multitool which has a locking blade appears to be a straightforward breach of Law, the lawful, intended purpose for which one carries such tools, and the manner of carry, is recognized as causing no breach of Law.

The Law recognizes responsible, lawful possession, not the attitude to which you subscribe!

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I do not believe that BCUK, nor the majority of us on here would support your attitude to the Law!

Whilst the carrying of a Leatherman multitool which has a locking blade appears to be a straightforward breach of Law, the lawful, intended purpose for which one carries such tools, and the manner of carry, is recognized as causing no breach of Law.

The Law recognizes responsible, lawful possession, not the attitude to which you subscribe!

I second that, I carry my Leatherman Blast everyday at work in the knowledge that it is a tool to aid my work. I don't carry it outside work (unless oncall to work) or to somewhere like the Pub. You need to stay within the letter of the Law.

technically if you remove the blade or dont have one and its got anything on it with a sharp edge or sharply pointed it will be illegal EDC and ONLY a folding pocket knife has an exemption under S139
No blade It cant be argued at all its a pocket knife.

:pokenest::pokenest::pokenest::pokenest:

ATB

Duncan

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
So then why remove the locking mechanism.

I haven't!

My Leatherman Supertool and Crunch are unmodified.

Throughout several public and private meetings with police Commanders and at Home Office and local authority conferences on crime (including knife crime) I've openly worn Leatherman, SAK Swiss Champ and other belt holsters, no one batted an eye.

Not even the Chief Crown Prosecutor for the CPS.

I have actively raised the topic of the legitimate knife user not being subjected to 'Anti Knife Crime' measures, prior to implementation of such initiatives.

I believe that those of us whom lawfully carry and use multitools which also happen to have a locking blade, do so responsibly, not dismissively.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I haven't!

My Leatherman Supertool and Crunch are unmodified.

Throughout several public and private meetings with police Commanders and at Home Office and local authority conferences on crime (including knife crime) I've openly worn Leatherman, SAK Swiss Champ and other belt holsters, no one batted an eye.

Not even the Chief Crown Prosecutor for the CPS.

I have actively raised the topic of the legitimate knife user not being subjected to 'Anti Knife Crime' measures, prior to implementation of such initiatives.

I believe that those of us whom lawfully carry and use multitools which also happen to have a locking blade, do so responsibly, not dismissively.

What was your reason for carrying a locking knife under those circumstances?

I dont understand why you bend to the rediculous laws covering multitools, just carry the thing with a blade, ******** to the law.

Guessing you are an Amercian? Must be nice to live in a free country.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Can we please keep this topic to the original request about bladeless multitools guys.
The law is the law and regardless of our individual feelings it's there for a reason.

Cheers

Dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A nation with very little firearms crime but a hellish record of knife crime.

Regardless of the political viewpoints of diverse peoples, the Mods would much appreciate it if this thread could be kept to the OP's query.

"Quick Question, does any know of a folding style pliers with bit holder but no blade?

Looking for something to fill the void in my EDC left by not being able to carry my Leatherman Charge."

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

leon-1

I know it's not strictly what you are asking for as it has blades, but...........

What about the leatherman juice xe6. It's what I carry, I thought that was legal EDC. I think the old leatherman PST came in the same bracket as well (probably how it became so acceptable to carry a leatherman in the first place).

Non Locking blades at sub 3 inches should mean that it's looked at like a SAK.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Ok, lets try and be good.

My Basic EDC is a SAK Huntsman, and I have found that the things I miss most about my Charge are the bit driver, and pliers. I am looking for a replacement for those options.

Any EDC carry infomation is interesting, made even more interesting by where, and who sees him.

I know it's not strictly what you are asking for as it has blades, but...........

What about the leatherman juice xe6. It's what I carry, I thought that was legal EDC. I think the old leatherman PST came in the same bracket as well (probably how it became so acceptable to carry a leatherman in the first place).

Non Locking blades at sub 3 inches should mean that it's looked at like a SAK.

Really like the look of that, if they made one with the bit holder, would be perfect.

Now going to mutter in a corner :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE