multi tool or SAK for bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

which do you like best? (post replies with why)

• SAK for both EDC and bushcraft carry (BCC)

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • multi tool for EDC and BCC

Votes: 42 38.2%
  • SAK for EDC multi tool for BCC

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • multi tool EDC and SAK for BCC

Votes: 15 13.6%

• Total voters

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
not a real fan of either for bushcrafting or edc

gerber is handy on the farm mostly for the pliers and screwdrivers but thats not exactly bushcraft

and saks , nice neat and compact tho they are, i'm afraid i dont have much time for em at all
most useful bit is the tinopener, but bottles ya can open with a fencepost or a lighter

still deciding on my edc, the legal spydie pride may grow on me yet (but i hope not it is just too ugly)

Tant

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
very hard choice, a SAK is my EDC, because it is much lighter than my multitool. But a multitool has pliers, which are very usefull as potlifter, to operate my stove, etc. I choice from these 2, depeding from what i have planned to do.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Lurch said:
Am I the only person that thinks that SAK's are crap?
Too small to be a decent multitool, too heavy to be a decent knife.
I always have my Gerber Legend and whatever locking folder is in vogue with me at the moment.
lol lurch i am on your side but fear we may be in a serious minority here

the corkscrew was the most useful bit but i gave up drinking wine

Tant

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
Multi tool and folder ... if I really need to open a bottle of wine and don't have a cork screw handy, I do my party trick of pushing the cork in with my thumb :wink:

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I carry two Multi-tools for EDC and BCC. One is a Gerber Legend 800 and the other is a Leatherman Flair (which has a corkscrew :) )
I have a SAK but I keep that in my work jacket.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
buy screw lid wine and get a multitool i have a SAK but ive got a lot of things i dont use much! Oh opening letters is about the best use for a SAK lol :eek:): and why is it the SAK's with all the goodies on blades dont lock! :?:

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
I have a SAK in the cars survival kit, dont use it much apart from bottle duty when car camping.

I sometimes use a SOG Paratool. Came in usefull tightening up snowboard bindings half way up a mountian in Italy :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE