MSR Hubba

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swissnic

May 16, 2006
London
Hi Chap,

I'm thinking about getting a MSR Hubba and was wondering if anyone had experience of it?

I have seen the Colman Viper threat, and the Viper seems a similar tent for way less money... thoughts?

Cheers, Nic,

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
To confuse you even more - the Wild Country Solace and Macpac Microlight looks pretty similar too.

Macpac Microlight - £200 (two on ebay at the moment, one used, currently at £75, one new for £150 + £10p+p) - 1.6kg min and 2.05kg total
MSR Hubba - £138.99 - (from The Complete Outdoors) - 1.3kg
Wild Country Solace - £64.95 (from Norwich Camping) - 1.95kg
Coleman Viper - £39.95 (from Norwich Camping) - 2.05kg total

The MSR inner is completely mesh, from half way up the Coleman is mesh. I'm guessing the Wild Country has less mesh.

The Wild Country fly is nylon, the Coleman is polyester. Nylon sags more in the wet but is more durable.

Also, the Coleman's door only opens on one side.

Horses for courses - I couldn't afford over £100 for a 1 man tent.

Maybe I should get on with some work now :rolleyes:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I can recommend the Hubba 100%. Just an amazing little shelter. Extremely light for a tent and extremely well made. Room to sit up and long enough to store some gear on the inside. Leave the tent at home and you can pitch the fly and footprint as a shelter as well. The fly is low and the bathtub bottom comes up high enough that you don't get splash inside from a frog strangling rain.

hubba1c.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE