mossi net manufacture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Now as any hammocker knows to try and buy a magic Kelly group buy style mosie net is impossible so I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to manufacture one.
Now a couple of weeks ago our very own mad mod MADDAVE sent me a rectangular one that requires 4 suspension points
And has a door on one side has a proper skirt but no holes to put ur hammock strings through and I am sick of sit on top messi nets so can't use it.

So my thinking is this could I not modify it so I can use it?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What's the size of that roof panel Drew?

Could you hang it from one of the corners rather than trying to suspend it with a flat roof? You have to cut some of the excess off and figure out a way of having a bottom closure.

Crappy quick Paint sketch but imagine the red panel is the roof now, you'd have to do something with the green area and put a hole at each end to feed your hammock webbing through ...
drew2.jpg

nsp

Jan 18, 2009
washington
hi, i have modded two highlander nets same style as yours, added two loops in centre for the ridgeline then cut holes for hammock ropes and added a sleeve/drawcord made from an old stuff sack, corners of net bungied to tarp corners, works very well but wish i used midge netting to start with. hope this helps, i didnt find much info about this when planning

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
What's the size of that roof panel Drew?

Could you hang it from one of the corners rather than trying to suspend it with a flat roof? You have to cut some of the excess off and figure out a way of having a bottom closure.

Crappy quick Paint sketch but imagine the red panel is the roof now, you'd have to do something with the green area and put a hole at each end to feed your hammock webbing through ...
drew2.jpg

the roof is 3 foot by 7foot roughly shewies and i like your idea

drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE