More carboot tools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Lovely work. I am obscenely jealous :(

I would love one in the six foot plus range. I have the saw set, files, jointer etc. Just need the saw now!

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
637cc31b3d9a8ac78eb54ee55ea1b37c.jpg

The big one seems to be in better shape under the rust.
9871bc475fe82ba0d9c54a4498a01819.jpg

Also looks like it could be an army saw!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
dfcf91bdf481f357d93faaec2465ed21.jpg

Cuts ok too!

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Much to my groggy surprise herself dragged us to Huddersfield Saturday Flea market this AM ( I'd been peeling soft rushes until one AM ) and I found a few bits.

image.jpg1_zps0xvinmen.jpg

Mason Cash bowl £3

Stanley palm sized surform £1

Firth palm sized surform, a real minter, £3

7 100 x 915mm belts for my Axminster Table belt sander - quid each.

2 new clays £1.50 each

Best of all for the princely sum of £10 a lovely turned in the green beech 15 inch dia, 5 inch high bowl and 6 small bowls, not sure of the wood or these, could be elm? I'm chuffed to bits with them, I'll give them a light sand and a good dose of food grade linseed oil next.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice score on the clay pipes! If you need rid of them I'll happily barter with ya. :D

There are no decent boot sales my way, just mum and baby crap lol.. you're fortunate.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Er, I may have the odd spare....

image.jpg1_zpsbflxzs3z.jpg

I'll not part with the long ones as I'm going to make a tavern pipe rack when I get some oak or elm but I dare say I wouldn't miss the odd cutty. I tend to pick them up when ever they are cheap on boots. Paying £1.50 each is relly splashing out! Come to think the pics at least 4 pipes out of date.

Yeah I'm really pleased with the bowls. The big one is well beyond my skill level and they hardly ever turn up cheap on boots.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi all

I managed to find a few bits today..

A veryu hefty Cashbox for £4, It didn't have a key for the lock but I knew I had a new lock spare with two keys!

Strongbox1_zpssq7nnkre.jpg

A label inside!!

Strongbox2_zpsyr9kbfbn.jpg

Inside..

Strongbox3_zpsi9e9jngs.jpg

Strongbox4_zpsqxdn9q1a.jpg

Pair of axle stands that will hold four tonnes between them, Cost a fiver ...

Axle%20Stands1_zpsowqhveeo.jpg

Axle%20Stands2_zps15wqmjca.jpg

A set of Russian bin's that came with orange filters!!

Ruskie%20bins3_zpsdfn55qhw.jpg

Black & Decker lawnraker which is much needed as I have more moss than grass!! :p (cost a tenner!)

BampD%20lawnraker%20LR1500_zpsvvf1ocf7.jpg

Also bought a watch and a very small hammer!!

Cheers, John :)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Nice finds! I had a pretty lean time for once, just a pair of old scissors for a quid that are pickling in citric acid to see if I've got a good un or wasted a quid. The only other bits were a 10 metre Rabone metal tape which I made a son pay the 5 quid for as he had killed my last one through massive stupidity ( a genuine accident I would have let him get away with ). oh and a nice old school Nutbrown icing syringe for my 6 foot 9 Neanderthal looking mate who's just completed a cake decorating course.

i love the cash box! I paid a lot more ( still at a carboot ) for the great big army pay chest / portable strongbox but I have really wanted one for years. It still needs sandblasting and repainting 2 years later, oops.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Not posted on this thread before.
I don't get to go to many carboot sales as due to health i had to stop driving 15 years ago at the age of 20. But inspired b this thread and the fact that iv been after a few items cheep for sometime I made the effort and go on my bike and dad the 5 mile cycle to my nearest Sunday morning carboot. And it was well worth it for me. I picked up a couple of bargains! First there I paid the grand sum of 50p for a 2oz ball pain hammer made by blue point. I'm sure that most know but for those who don't blue point are the cheaper brand of snap on tool's I have been after a new camping gas lantern for sometime as my wife's cat knocked mine of the breakfast bar, smashed the glass and bent the brackets. Iv not wanted to pay the ebay 2nd hand prices. Yesterday I found one in as new condition for £2 ! My wife thinks i should list it on ebay as i could get £15 for it. I will not be doing this.(Think she just wants me to have less stuff!) I found two of those little key ring size SAK ;s got both for 50p each. One has never been used the other has some were on it.
I have been after a Kent Patten axe for sometime as over the last few week I have been bidding for them on ebay I have always just missed out in the bidding. I picked one up yesterday for the grand sum of £1. The haft is rotten so iv knocked that off. Iv cleaned all the rust off it and it dose have some heavy pitting. But its still useable. I shall get a new haft for it and it will be a nice little axe. So it was well worth the effort to go yesterday. Think I shall make the effort and try and get over there more often.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Off on holiday from tommorow. Anyone know of any decent 'boots in the New Forrest area? I'll probably go into catatonic shock at the prices from what I've heard from our southern bretheren but you never know...

The 9.5" scissors have turned out well, some now rust free deep pitting (well deep if your as fussy as i am) on the outside of the blades but nowt to effect function. They were hardly used, and have a nice action. Made in England Sheffied on one side and DEWHURST on the other, Cant find a scissor maker of that name on the net.

We will be hitting the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum (Tudor Farm) one Day and Butser another. I'll be off line for at least a week so apologies if I dont reply to any messages.

ATB

Tom

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi all

I went to a bootsale this morning, First time at a saturday one in a couple of years!!

I bought a few things :cool:

20mm 'Dummy' (£2.50)..

20mm20round20a1_zps88iysqkk.jpg

20mm%20round%20a4_zps7kzup1hz.jpg

18" Record Bolt crops, good for up to 8mm (£5)...

Bolt20crops20a1_zpsezvssl2t.jpg

Top set, Kershaw 6x Mk2 marked with the broadarrow and 1942, Idividual focusing and has a series of lines in the field of view! (£10)

Bottom set are Swallow 8x30 and are superb quality!! Images are fantastically bright and clear! (and seems to magify more than my other 8x bins!!) (£10)

Bins_zpsvconsvkk.jpg

Dunno why they turned! When I took the pic on my camera, they were the correct way, when I uploaded to Photobucket they went sideways so I used the edit facility to turn them, they still look the right way in PB but have come out sideways again on here :eek::rolleyes: )

Some badges and a Whist Marker (Whatever that is!!) !! (£1 for the lot!!)

Badges%20a1_zps38uielc7.jpg

Hope it's not raining in the morning!!!

Cheers, John :)

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Good buy on the Bin's mate. Those record bolt cutters are also a very good buy. I think they retail for about £60 new.

WOW!!

I'd no idea!! :cool::cool:

I bought a 3' set a few years ago for £2!!! Seems like they will chop through anything!!!

I've... er... got a thing for things with lenses!!

Bins%20bins%20bins_zpsvjygmwh4.jpg

I also have a Europa 8" reflecting telescope and a Meade ETX 70 scope too!

John :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice score dude, you'll find record cutters on fleabay for atleast £30+.

I must have a look around for a real carboot locally sometime..

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
WOW!!

I'd no idea!! :cool::cool:

I bought a 3' set a few years ago for £2!!! Seems like they will chop through anything!!!

I've... er... got a thing for things with lenses!!

Bins%20bins%20bins_zpsvjygmwh4.jpg

I also have a Europa 8" reflecting telescope and a Meade ETX 70 scope too!

John :)

Well you never know when an extra pair or two of Bin's will be useful. Always wise to have back up's for back up's!

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Nice score dude, you'll find record cutters on fleabay for atleast £30+.

I must have a look around for a real carboot locally sometime..

There is a carboot finder website. You put your postcode or area details in and it find's all listed local carboot's Give's you contact detail too. Like phone number or a web site if the boot has its own site. I will see if I can find a link for you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE