Mora companion leather sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Trev, i like that! Mind you the humble Mora is a great knife and for what it costs, it comes with a sheath(i use the term loosely) that we all want to throw away immediately! But for some of us, to get our heads around the fact that a leather sheath, is going to cost more than the knife we have purchased is difficult, but a decision you will never regret.

I have a few sheaths made by various members of this parish, namely Dougster, it somehow turns your ordinary Mora into a thing of beauty, anyway i am rambling again!

Great work Trev, you make me want another tattoo! A file worked Mora, a sexy new sheath for Christmas, lots of leather patches! You must stop my good man!

Keep up the good work mate, and massive congratulations on the newest Tat!

Wink, you know what i mean.

Ivan, and his i want one of those, kids!!

We were talking about this at the Wooplaw meet the other week. None of us had ever lost a knife - I suppose us Scots are too mean for that:rolleyes:, but it's an oft quoted thing, that Moras are fine in case you loose or break it. In that case you'd still have the luverly sheath wot Trev made and just replace it with a knife you knows going to fit.

Who looses knives?

ATB,
GB.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Oh! Trev where do I start with this one ,the 21st stitch down from the top on the belt loop side is of by at least 000,2mm ,the tattoo scrolling on the other side is just way wigglier than on the belt loop side ,and the dying on that side is off by at least a 10th of a shade ,tut tut tut you must do better :nana::nana::) But at least it covers up that file work up that's off by 00000000000.1mm:)

Good stuff Trev

bwahahaha nice one Jas.

looks pretty good to me Trev.

Andy

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Can just make something out at the bottom and then i lose it part way up :) I didn't realise the leather was 6mm thick tbh. I was seeing it as standard 3mm ish thick. So perhaps thats why i was struggling. I'm used to welts being as thick as the leather the sheaths made from, as thats how i do them. :)

Have you considered using a pyrography pen rather than a tattoo gun? I expect it would be much quicker, and cheaper than using ink. No chance of an ink splat ruining it either.:)
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41743

Have a quick look at the pic where the blade tip of the sheath is mark and you can clearly see three layer of leather .
I promise it is in there lol

Last edited:

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Can just make something out at the bottom and then i lose it part way up :) I didn't realise the leather was 6mm thick tbh. I was seeing it as standard 3mm ish thick. So perhaps thats why i was struggling. I'm used to welts being as thick as the leather the sheaths made from, as thats how i do them. :)

Have you considered using a pyrography pen rather than a tattoo gun? I expect it would be much quicker, and cheaper than using ink. No chance of an ink splat ruining it either.:)
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41743

I have thought about it mark but I've seen it done before whereas the whole Tattoo thing I feel is a little more attractive and unusual pyrography is nice and I will do some of course but not just yet

Blimey did you say TATTOO GUN that's a swear word in my profession it's a tattoo machine lol

Last edited:

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
That looks stunning Trev, as always, really very nice work. Really like the whole tattooed border as well, very nice :)

Ikky

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Quality job there mate. I'm looking at having a go myself. Where did you buy the leather from? Do I need any special tools or glue for a project like this?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE