Mora bundled ferro rod.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
Anyone know who produces the ferrocerium rods that Mora bundle with some of their knives?
Not sure if I've just got a particularly good example, but I'm seriously impressed by the size/heat of the strike I'm getting off it, wouldn't mind some more.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
pretty sure they get them from either lightmyfire or the same company that make them for both of them.

It's a pretty basic Ferrocerium formular, the probelm is there is a lot of junk out there pretending to be as good

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
I've had a lot, going back decades, and I'm still impressed. I've been using Exotac for a while now, and IMO the Mora item is superior. Might need more testing.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
The ferrocerium rod (harder and gives lots of sparks) vs mich metal (Large burning chunks of magnesium that continue to burn after leaving the rod) debate is always a good one

Reactions: ONE and Toddy

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Unfortunately out of stock

No idea on shipping direct from morakniv though.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
The ferrocerium rod (harder and gives lots of sparks) vs mich metal (Large burning chunks of magnesium that continue to burn after leaving the rod) debate is always a good one
That sounds like it might indeed be the case here

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE