moot- thank you

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
A big thank you to Tony and everyone else involved in organising the Moot. It was my first time and I thoroughly enjoyed myself and look forward to next year.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yes a big thank you to toni, the mods and all the craftsmen & women that gave there time to teach us all something new,and lets not forget the girls on the reception and bushcraft stall.
that said it was my first time at the moot and i found everyone to be friendly and always willing to help and give advise when asked it was nice to put faces to names even though my memory is rubbish lol.
it was nice to see ashley & justin at the moot as i do like the videos they put together,and special thanks to bardster,maddave for there tutorials and dave budd for sorting out my axe. overall i had a great time, i could have done more as there was plenty to do but i went mainly to relax and meet like minded people and i achieved this. hi to charlie,simon,kirsty,tanwen,&asha i hope i spelt your names right girls. i will be back next year and hopefully stay for the hangi as well ive got some pictures will try and get my daughter to post them for me regards dave. ps thanks you all

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
I would also like to thank Tony and Shelly and all the other hard working staff who made my first Moot a fantastic experience, i thoroughly enjoyed myself learning new skills , meeting new people , havin a laugh and generally chilling out with good mates . Cant wait till next year im gonna do the whole week. Brilliant!!!!
ATB Roly

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I was a bit wary of going because I'm not a lover of big meeting.How wrong I was to worry.The site is huge and you can hide away from the crowds or join in with them.I'd recommend it to anyone.
A very big Thank You to Tony and Shelly for all the work you put into sorting this out every year it must be an admin nightmare.Thanks also to all the mods and instructors also to everyone who helped everyone else.
My son and myself have been to a few meetings but this is the best by far ,can't wait 'til next year.

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Yup was really superb! Another thanks to Tony and the mods and will certainley be coming next year! I'd also like to say how nice it was meeting so many members on person, it's always nice putting faces to names!
Cheers,
Will

p.s: anyone else missing it already?!

Biker

I know this is going to sound petty but I was in two minds about whether or not to try and go to next years moot. Rubbing shoulders with all you bushcraft veterans would be intimidating to say the least, but having read a lot of feedback and seen the pix that have been posted I'm really hoping to get to next years moot. Sounds like a blast. I just hope I don't embarrass myself by my ignorance.

Looks like you all had a great time and it's great to see the photos too. Talk about an endorsement to go next year!

Gotta ask, but how many were there? I have no idea how big an event this was. 100 people - 500 people? Glastonbury numbers? What. Crowds don't bother me that much, been to loads of biker rallies and played "search the tent" at 2am as well.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the moot. Glad you had such good weather too. You can kiss that goodbye if I come next year. :lmao:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Pff I wouldn't worry about that Biker, where I am I'm the one people have turned too for 'bushcrafty' advice, yet Sargey had to show me how to make a pot hanger, so there's plenty of us out there with varying skill levels!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE