Moot Naughty Corner Theme - Victorian Safari - Pith Helmets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Now onto the second order for the Moot, grab yours now. Quality French Safari Pith Helmets, only £10 each, way cheaper than the usual £18.96. The supplying company has excellent Amazon reviews. A fun, practical, cool, quality hat for the outdoors, holiday or party.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Pith...&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=french+pith+helmet+big

Delivery will be at the Moot although I am willing to 2nd class RM medium parcel post for £7 (+1.10 for Signed For) I will order the larger size in khaki. Size specifies 59-61cm but will fit smaller. Go on, I dare you.

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Need to know about the payment method, perfectly happy to collect at the Moot but I'm happy to pay for my two via PayPal as soon as you send me your details.

1. Crosslandkelly - Large.
2.Mesquite - Large
3. Biker - Large
4. Countryman - Large
5. Biker - Large (ordering a second one as a birthday present for my brother just for the helluvit)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Bank transfer is preferred or I will get stung with 3.4%+20p from Paypal!

When we hit a full list I will send out payment details. Once funds are in I will place the order.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've got the American version (very, very similar) that was issued to the Marines. If these have the same suspension system, the size is adjustable. And they're extremely good in hot weather as said suspension keeps the hat off your head allowing airflow.

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I don't know if the suspension system is the same but it is certainly adjustable, it has a band with a velcro adjustment. The reviews are very good. I gather that when wet, evaporation from the pith cools the head and the hat retains its shape.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Mine's not velcro. But Yeah, that's exactly the same adjustment points and the same basic suspension design. Haven't read the reviews but I've certainly been happy with mine (the only real difference between it and these is minor cosmetics) Daddy wore one as long as I can remember.

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
2.Mesquite - Large
3. Biker - Large
4. Countryman - Large
5. Biker - Large (ordering a second one as a birthday present for my brother just for the helluvit)
6. Beamdune - Large

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
just looking at the sizing chart it says 2xl is 62cm are the white cream or karki regard dave

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Hi Dave,

Ignore the sizing chart, there are only large and small sizes. The bulk order is really only for large which is specified for 59-61cm. I believe the band will actually reduce for heads below 59cm but it doesn't specify because the small size exists! If someone really wants a small one then I can ask if they will add it to the order at the same price but I would advise the large in most cases. These will all come in khaki colouring, white would be a nightmare!

Can we sign you up? :cool:

Phil

Last edited:

Biker

Hi Dave,

Ignore the sizing chart, there are only large and small sizes. The bulk order is really only for large which is specified for 59-61cm. I believe the band will actually reduce for heads below 59cm but it doesn't specify because the small size exists! If someone really wants a small one then I can ask if they will add it to the order at the same price but I would advise the large in most cases. These will all come in khaki colouring, white would be a nightmare!

Can we sign you up? :cool:

Phil

In the immortal words of Father Ted's house keeper. G'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan. :D

Biker

This thread needs bumping.

6 down 4 to go.

C'mon chaps and chapesses a pith helmet is a pretty snazzy accessory. I'd like a monocle with mine too and a handlebar mustache. What, what?!!

2.Mesquite - Large
3. Biker - Large
4. Countryman - Large
6. Beamdune - Large

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
This thread needs bumping.

6 down 4 to go.

C'mon chaps and chapesses a pith helmet is a pretty snazzy accessory. I'd like a monocle with mine too and a handlebar mustache. What, what?!!.....

Nah. You need that Enfield being discussed on another thread to go with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE