Moot Naughty Corner Theme - Victorian Safari - Pith Helmets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
There has been a mad scrabble for the pith helmets it seems!

I can order 10 MORE quality French Safari Pith 'Big Head' Helmets for way cheaper than they cost individually, normally £18.96 each. The supplying company has excellent Amazon reviews on all its styles of pith helmet. If 10 MORE people sign up then I will order, they will only cost £10 each. A fun, practical, cool, quality hat for the outdoors, holiday or party.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Pith...&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=french+pith+helmet+big

Delivery will be at the Moot although I am willing to 2nd class RM medium parcel post for £7 (+1.10 for Signed For) I will order the larger size in khaki. This large size specifies a 59-61cm head but of course it will fit smaller heads too with some tweaking whereas the smaller one won't fit bigger heads!! Go on, I dare you.

13 - Neil Comley
14 - Clare Comley
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -

Woohoo, the first batch arrives tomorrow.

The first batch have arrived, working on the second batch now. Looking for at least 6 more to sign up and we will then have some spares for the Moot raffle and, huhmm, other purposes.

Bargain price, practical, fun, cool, loads of uses, it will pay for itself again and again. Don't get left out, grab one while you can.

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I wish I had mine with me today instead of collecting it at the Moot. I was sweating buckets under my navy blue cotton wide brimmed hat today in the hot sun! Sooo looking forward to wearing something that has been tried and tested and actually works to ward off the heat. No I'm not going to jinx it and say anyting more about what weather we might have at the Moot. It will be perfect ... won't it Tony? :cool:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I wish I had mine with me today instead of collecting it at the Moot. I was sweating buckets under my navy blue cotton wide brimmed hat today in the hot sun! Sooo looking forward to wearing something that has been tried and tested and actually works to ward off the heat. No I'm not going to jinx it and say anyting more about what weather we might have at the Moot. It will be perfect ... won't it Tony? :cool:

I came very close to wearing mine for the practical shooting competition this last rather warm Saturday but it may have been considered a little eccentric as the ranges are cool underground tunnels!! :lmao: I did do the catering though.

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
When I popped in to get myself my safari gear, I saw the very same hats. Wanted £30 for it! He said he pretty much buys them at this price, so a pretty good deal.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
When I popped in to get myself my safari gear, I saw the very same hats. Wanted £30 for it! He said he pretty much buys them at this price, so a pretty good deal.

Perhaps you should have told him to sign up to BCUK and get in on the group buy, lol!

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I will have 1 in large & can pick it up at the moot.

There has been a mad scrabble for the pith helmets it seems!

I can order 10 MORE quality French Safari Pith 'Big Head' Helmets for way cheaper than they cost individually, normally £18.96 each. The supplying company has excellent Amazon reviews on all its styles of pith helmet. If 10 MORE people sign up then I will order, they will only cost £10 each. A fun, practical, cool, quality hat for the outdoors, holiday or party.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Pith-...ith+helmet+big

Delivery will be at the Moot although I am willing to 2nd class RM medium parcel post for £7 (+1.10 for Signed For) I will order the larger size in khaki. This large size specifies a 59-61cm head but of course it will fit smaller heads too with some tweaking whereas the smaller one won't fit bigger heads!! Go on, I dare you.

13 - Neil Comley
14 - Clare Comley
15 - Neumo
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm just imagining this as the rousing dawn chorus emanating from the Naughty Corner with some startled onlookers. (Will the last years Zulu's be back?)

[video=youtube;TjvKZHJeayg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjvKZHJeayg[/video]

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Does anyone going to the moot, have a pair of putties that I could beg, borrow or buy. Alternatively any ideas of what I can use to make a pair. Thanks in advance.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Right then, it doesn't look like I am ordering any more Pith helmets. I didn't really have room in the car anyway! The current order will arrive on the Friday evening thanks to Countryman.

Thanks guys.

Phil (Chef)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE