Moot menus...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Has anyone finalised their week's menu? Mine will be:

MAIN MEALS

Pasta (bacon and peppers in a chilli tomato sauce) Served with naan bread

Beef chilli, served with rice, tortilla chips and soured cream

Sausage, tomato and 3 bean stew served with boiled spuds

Mixed meat kebabs served with a side salad

Jambalaya

Corned beef hash with veg and brown sauce

Burgers with onions and chilli sauce, served with a side salad

SNACK MENU

Bratwurst

Halumi plus salad in pita bread

Mixed grill

Omlettes

Minute steak sarnies

Various toasted sarnies

Cold cuts

Cheese board

BREAKFAST MENU

Porridge and dried fruit

Full breakfast

Waffles with various fruit and maple syrup

SUPPER MENU

Home made hot chocolate

Muffins

Crumpets

Pancakes

Toast

What will your menu be like?

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've got a big case of various compo main meals and puddings, a tray of pot noodle, some cup-a-soups, Uncle Ben's Rice in umpteen varieties, sweets, biscuits and other processed crap. We prefer convenience when we are camping. After nine years in the ACC I can't be ar$sed with proper cooking.

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
I'm pretty much there with mine. Basically tried to provide a range of ingredients with no need to refrigerate. Brown rice, pasta and coucous feature quite heavily for convenience carbs along with a couple of packs of Mystery Protein. I'll obtain fruit and veg once I'm down there.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Whatever is in my Ratpacks or I can beg off Mesquite!
plus - bacon grill, dried egg omlets, Aldi brick bread and bannock....
All packed and ready to go!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Playing it by ear, got some staples ready, Rice, Soya, Tofu, tins, Biltong, Whisky...

Will get Perishables and more locally, not got much room in car for foodstuff!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Never found the sodding burger van! I think it's all lies.

I've got rat packs, but may have other plans depending on what I can be bothered to cook! I think the plan may be to utilise the firepit around the campsite I stayed at last time! That's if it's not already taken when I arrive!

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
By far too little mention of liquid calories on this thread. I shall rectify this immediately.....

Rum, rum, rum ,rum, rum, rum ,rum, rum, rum ,rum. And sossijiz :) (And bacon ... "Here, Womble Womble Womble" :lol: )

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
By far too little mention of liquid calories on this thread. I shall rectify this immediately.....

Rum, rum, rum ,rum, rum, rum ,rum, rum, rum ,rum. And sossijiz :) (And bacon ... "Here, Womble Womble Womble" :lol: )

Well that's the basic food groups covered. With all that protein and alcohol just make sure you camp downwind!

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
1 box of sachet instant oats, 7 packets of ready mix pasta with polenta, 4 fray bentos (I/m using the DO as an oven for the first time) some tinned fish, rice, cous-cous, noodles ect....

16 bottles of beer, 16 bottles of magners. Bottle of noyau. I'm thinking I might get through till monday, although sunday might be a possible supermarket sweep.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd

I thought the site was dry this year!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I think 'll be joining Bob for meals!

My preparation is on a similar level to Tony's :rolleyes: Most likely I'll be fetching food on the way to the moot, so it could turn out to be absolutely anything when I actually sit down to cook!

Longstrider, I'll bring some of your favourite Devon Snails with me shall I?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE