Brit Ration Packs for Moot delivery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
OK, I got carried away, struck whilst the iron was hot and bulk bought 20 varied menus from my surplus guy.

They are at cost at £8.00 for delivery to the Moot. Any spares will be sold on the Moot stall for £9.00. These are normally £12 each or more. Oh, and they are in date! The nuts are BBE out in September but all the rest has 9-12 months left on it which means years!

If you want to pre-order at the cheaper price then shout now. I could do with money by BACS because I kind of just over extended myself by £160!

I just randomly opened menu 16 and it has:

Vegetarian All Day Breakfast
Tuna Chilli Pasta
Yellow Chicken Curry and Rice
Fruit Cake
Green Tabasco
Tuna with Lime and Pepper
Fruit Puree Mango/Banana/Apple
Fruit and Oat Snack Bar
Fruit and Nut Mix
Mixed Fruit Sweets
Isotonic Drink Powder Cherry
Orange Drink
Apple Drink
Tropical Drink
Hot Chocolate Regular
Re-usable Poly Bag
Tea Bagsx2
Wet Wipesx2
Beverage Whitenerx4
Instant Coffeex2
Sugarx4
Matches
Tissues
Water Purification Tablets
Spoon
Menthol, Spearmint and Peppermint Dental Chewing Gum

These look like they are a bargain and yummy. The other menus look good too.

Lots of other choices for main meal such as Beef Goulash, Chicken Massaman and Potato, Lamb Curry, Beef Stroganoff, Chicken Sweet and Sour, Spanish Meat Balls etc., many with separate rice.

Someone please say they want some of these at the Moot now I have them and I will split some with Countryman for transporting hopefully. :)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Put me down for four (if that's not being greedy) please. The tuna chilli pasta in particular, in fact happy to have three of that variety. Would you like payment now or at the Moot?

Me.

I think there are only two of those available. They have your name on them, literally when I can find a marker!

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Sorry to be slow, but what exactly are the Brit ration packs? How many do they feed etc. do you have a link with more details? sorry, sorry, :) I would be interested in buying some if I had more details ...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Put me down for 4 as well please - any menu :)
I will have cash at the Moot if that is OK - I cannot do owt else as I am busy until Monday - when I head off to MM :)

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
British army Ration Packs feed one soldier in stressful circumstances for one day. I think they run to about 4000 calories.

Last edited:

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Ok. Sorry, having a slow moment here, now I have looked at the list a little closer, so I understand, you get ALL of this list in one ration pack. Wow. I'll have to have one now just so I can undo all those little packets. In fact, I will have one chicken Massaman please.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Good gracious, I shouldn't have mentioned the main meals, now people are ordering off the menu!! lol

Right then, that is 9 scone, like the fastest cake in the West, scooooooooooon! (Turn head from right to left!)

I'm going to need a trailer at this rate. Get the roof box out Countryman!

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Well that is interesting, the other box contains the other side of the menu selection.

Main meals 1-10: Chilli Con Carne, Beef and Cassava, Chicken Tikka, Lamb Hotpot, Gurkha Style Pork Curry, Steak and veg, Chicken Mushroom Pasta, Beef Bol and Pasta Shells, Chicken Panang and finally Paella.

Left on other side is Beef Goulash, Beef Stroganoff, Veg Curry and Rice, Chicken Sweet and Sour (Actually nope, I'm having that!), Chicken Tomato Pasta, Sausage Casserole.

You actually get beef jerky in some of this lot along with all sorts of other goodies.

Only eight left, 5 menus actually earmarked.

I'm sure there will be the usual trading around of other contents.

1. Biker 4
2. John Fenna 4
3. Tawnyhare 1
4. Me 1
5. Bucephalas 2

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Well that is interesting, the other box contains the other side of the menu selection.

Main meals 1-10: Chilli Con Carne, Beef and Cassava, Chicken Tikka, Lamb Hotpot, Gurkha Style Pork Curry, Steak and veg, Chicken Mushroom Pasta, Beef Bol and Pasta Shells, Chicken Panang and finally Paella.

Left on other side is Beef Goulash, Beef Stroganoff, Veg Curry and Rice, Chicken Sweet and Sour (Actually nope, I'm having that!), Chicken Tomato Pasta, Sausage Casserole.

You actually get beef jerky in some of this lot along with all sorts of other goodies.

Only eight left, 5 menus actually earmarked.

I'm sure there will be the usual trading around of other contents.

1. Biker 4
2. John Fenna 4
3. Tawnyhare 1
4. Me 1
5. Bucephalas 2

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Go on, I'll have four please so long as they aren't veggie.

1. Biker 4
2. John Fenna 4
3. Tawnyhare 2
4. Me 1
5. Bucephalas 2
6. Dark Horse Dave 4 (Any menu. Can pay you cash on Monday if that's OK?)
7. Mesquite 4 any menu apart from veggie

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Go on, I'll have four please so long as they aren't veggie.

1. Biker 4
2. John Fenna 4
3. Tawnyhare 2
4. Me 1
5. Bucephalas 2
6. Dark Horse Dave 4 (Any menu. Can pay you cash on Monday if that's OK?)
7. Mesquite 4 any menu apart from veggie

Funny you should say that, even menu 15 that has a main of vegetable curry and rice also has pork sausage and bean breakfast, tuna with pepper&lime snack, and is one of the few with beef jerky in it!! There is a Vegetarian All Day Breakfast, what the heck?!!!!

Oh and remind me to do you some freebie Maths tutoring around the fire! :)

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Funny you should say that, even menu 15 that has a main of vegetable curry and rice also has pork sausage and bean breakfast, tuna with pepper&lime snack, and is one of the few with beef jerky in it!! There is a Vegetarian All Day Breakfast, what the heck?!!!!

Oh and remind me to do you some freebie Maths tutoring around the fire! :)

I'll have to sacrifice my S&S chicken then, not a problem, I can get more. :sulkoff: Cash on Tuesday please DHD. Find me at the NC before the Moot 'vulchers' realise there are RATs about and the price goes up in a bidding war!

Oh, and anyone chowing on these around the fire needs to give me a spoonful taster for future reference!

UPDATE:

ALL RATs ARE NOW GONE, THE PLAGUE IS OVER. THANKS PIPER, I OWE YOU A PIE!!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE