Mods, once again, doing excellent job.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
I stayed up late last night reading. I thought I'd just have a glance at what was going on here - if anything. I was quite shocked - each and every folder had a spam thread in it.

Today? All gone! If you didn't know - you wouldn't have noticed. Thanks Mods:)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Thanks for your post H,
We're too often noticed for trying to keep topics on the "straight & narrow" path, with much tidying going on un-noticed behind the scenes.

Cheers

Ogri the trog

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
As a new Mod, I gotta admit, we get a fair few messages and reports come through to the old email.. and the guys do a great job of housekeeping. Up to now every spam message I check has already been sorted......Faster than a wrinkly Ninja these lot !!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Thanks very much, although it wasn't me who did the deed in this case
It's nice to be appreciated (do we have warm fuzzy feeling smilie?)

Cheers

Mark

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Must say that I'm about at all hours due to not liking sleeping, and have always assumed that BCUK had some sort of super dupper program to keep spam out as I rarely if ever see any. So if it's all done by the hard works of the wonderfull mods ( who also police the boards as to bad language and inapropriate content ) then all power to them.
Great job Ladies and Gentlemen, all power to you, you keep us safe whilst doing so in a non intrusive un-god / non-overbearing like manner.
TTFN
GB

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not only do they do a great job - but they are some of the nicest folk around as well - at least all the ones I have met are...:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I must admit everytime I've used the Report button the spam has usually been binned by the time I get back. Very efficient bunch that's for sure.

Congrats on the promotion Dave, don't let the side down now :D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I must admit everytime I've used the Report button the spam has usually been binned by the time I get back. Very efficient bunch that's for sure.

Congrats on the promotion Dave, don't let the side down now :D

There's a report button? where?

Sorry just couldn't see it... half blinded at the mo with a contact lense stuck in me eyelid, face like a bag full of spanners.

GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
:lmao: :lmao:

I thought they were supposed to go on your eyeballs ? Try it they might work better :p

:lmao: Aye, spent about an hour in front of a wee mirror ( scary place when your a munter like me) and can't get the b****r out, face all swollen up, depth of field all gone. This doesn't happen usually and it blinking annoying...litterally, next step tape me eye shut and see ( or don't ) what happens.
GB

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Will it not flush out with some lukewarm salty water ?

Thanks folks for the appreciation :eek: Normally thanks for doing that kind of thing only comes from the Boss or from other Mods :D

Last night was Hoodoo's work :approve: Clear ups like that one are a pain :sigh:

The ones I really hate are the truly gross s/m / adult / child spams. The pathetic creeps who post those ones seem to target the Scouts forum :(
Normal stuff is one thing, but some of that stuff was really sick. :yuck:
Probably tmi there, sorry, might Mod it out in a bit.

Can I say a big thank you too ?

To all of the folks who spot something 'off'' and take a few moments to click the red warning triangle at the top of the post, Thank You ! ::You_Rock_
It really does help us catch problems quickly.

cheers,
Toddy

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Will it not flush out with some lukewarm salty water ?

Thanks folks for the appreciation :eek: Normally thanks for doing that kind of thing only comes from the Boss or from other Mods :D

Last night was Hoodoo's work :approve: Clear ups like that one are a pain :sigh:

The ones I really hate are the truly gross s/m / adult / child spams. The pathetic creeps who post those ones seem to target the Scouts forum :(
Normal stuff is one thing, but some of that stuff was really sick. :yuck:
Probably tmi there, sorry, might Mod it out in a bit.

Can I say a big thank you too ?

To all of the folks who spot something 'off'' and take a few moments to click the red warning triangle at the top of the post, Thank You ! ::You_Rock_
It really does help us catch problems quickly.

cheers,
Toddy

Ah that's what that blurry thing is, tried the salty water... waiting for my eye to dry out. Eyelid seems to have more stickyness than the ball at the mo. Cool on the "report" button though Toddy, you, the others, and the boss do a wonderfull job, this is truely one of the " cleanest" sites I've inhabited. All power to you. Any help I can give please just give a shout.
Love my time here, like settling down in a feather quilt with a wee dram, listening to my best friends chatter away.
TTFN
GB

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67

Get Tony to bring the form software up t the latest release. There is a lovely Delete as Spam button. It deletes the selected post, bans the poster and deletes all their posts and any threads they started, all in one click. It only works on members with a post count below 50 though to stop complicated mistakes ;)

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
Hoorah for the mods, no doubt a time consuming job - but done without any attention being brought to it.
Thankyou for making the site a U certificate

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Get Tony to bring the form software up t the latest release. There is a lovely Delete as Spam button. It deletes the selected post, bans the poster and deletes all their posts and any threads they started, all in one click. It only works on members with a post count below 50 though to stop complicated mistakes ;)

This has just been posted into the Mods Shelter :D :approve: :You_Rock_

cheers,
M

Wayland

Hárbarðr
As a new Mod <Snip

Yes we noticed that........ There goes the neighbourhood.....
catapult.gif

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Faster than a wrinkly Ninja these lot !!

Are you saying all the mods are wrinklies....:eek:

I'd like to add my thanks too. I do visit other forums ( :eek: ) and I think this is the cleanest around. As a family resource, it's superb. So thanks to the wrinklies.....:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE