Modern Friction Folder EDC Prototype

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
just need an adaptor plate for a Large Tekloc and it should make a base for a big EDC kit

Duncan

Would a couple of Grimlocs do mate? Easy to attach to a belt then. Mine lives in my leg pouch around the homestead - its a great fit :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
FGYT , Just wondering and requiring thicker handle material , would you entertain incorporating a Photo Micro Light (http://www.photonlight.com ) in a recess in the Scale?? So the Torch would be held between the metal and lying in a hollowed out section of the handle , the exterior of the handle?
This would allow the Light Button to be pressed with the LED showing.

Anyway just an idea for future works.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi ,

Had a look at the orange one on Sunday at the UK Knife show. Very nice and well made it felt good in the hand to .

Topknot

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Hi ,

Had a look at the orange one on Sunday at the UK Knife show. Very nice and well made it felt good in the hand to .

Topknot
i also had a look, and its as good in the flesh as in the pic.
very innovative. thats what i love about duncan's work he is always pushing the boundries.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
That is seriously cool.The sort of thing the Brits do very well ; innovation , design and small scale production.
It's brilliant.And just when I thought I had got folders out of my system.Curse you!
Simon

S

Something In The Woodshed

Had a play with one of these at Knives UK. Really brilliant design.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Bump for this thread.

Would really like to know if these are going to be produced?? If it helps with cashflow and time FYGT if enough of 'us' commit can we assist by paying up first in groups and getting the product later??

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Dunc,
I'm not crystal clear on the wording of S139 concerning locking devices but I just know that I'd loose that locking pin if I left it at home - had you thought about duplicating the hole and ring-recess at the back of the handle scales - somewhere to "park" the pin when in UKedc mode?

ATB

Ogri the trog

Dunc,
I'm not crystal clear on the wording of S139 concerning locking devices but I just know that I'd loose that locking pin if I left it at home - had you thought about duplicating the hole and ring-recess at the back of the handle scales - somewhere to "park" the pin when in UKedc mode?

ATB

Ogri the trog

Hi

I dont think that would work as the locking device is on the knife my idea is to carry it on a small karabiner clip on the keyring technically i guess its readily lockable but i doubt a copper would realize somethings missing

ATB

Duncan

Bump for this thread.

Would really like to know if these are going to be produced?? If it helps with cashflow and time FYGT if enough of 'us' commit can we assist by paying up first in groups and getting the product later??

I think im going to try a batch of 20 off . Will look into the costings for various material options and try and get the price in the £100-£150 area

its still going to be a minimum of christams or spring next year ( Its 1 month to the Wilderness gathering and i have NO stock made as well as current orders)

No paying up front isn't How I work, nor will i put up a list yet etc puts to much pressure on

ATB

Duncan

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hi

I dont think that would work as the locking device is on the knife my idea is to carry it on a small karabiner clip on the keyring technically i guess its readily lockable but i doubt a copper would realize somethings missing

ATB

Duncan

Aha OK, I just thought it would look more like an unused lanyard ring like so many SAK's

Cheers for the swift reply

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE