MOD Survival knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
Does anybody know what was the logic for making the sheaths left handed?
I don't know but I guess it's to put the knife on your weak side, i.e. away from your shooting side. Though I've never used / been issued one. The issue golock sheath is the same. We generally kept them strapped to a land rover but when I've worn one it's been on my left hand side and cross drawn.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

I believe the sheath is left handed so a pistol can go on the right side. But it's not really a big deal, the sheath isn't fancy anyway, and I converted mine to be right handed.

Where are folks buying the MOD blade blanks?? I reckon I could enjoy handling one in something fancy and giving it a proper make over. All I done with my old one was ciut off and shape the back guard, reprofile/sharpen, strip that powdery blade coating, sculpt the handle and then give it a bit of rubber heat shrink tubing for added grip. Although mine was razor sharp, I used it mostly for batoning bits of wood for bbqs and stuff, although I did do a spoon with it once and it was pretty dcecent! lol

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
this is why i test every blade... both mod survival knifes dated 1993 with very similar grinds albeit 1 degree, blade kept cool right through stock removal and i get this within the first few chops on some 4 inch live ash...

the other one was put through its paces and seems fine...

this is why i test every blade... both mod survival knifes dated 1993 with very similar grinds albeit 1 degree, blade kept cool right through stock removal and i get this within the first few chops on some 4 inch live ash...

the other one was put through its paces and seems fine...

ther is a reason it has such Beefy Geometry and is called a Sharpened prybar your new Grind is taking it beyond its Envelope

and welcome to Sheffield Quality control

remember regardless of what you Mod on the MOD you cant change the Steel tho you could try and improve the HT

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
ther is a reason it has such Beefy Geometry and is called a Sharpened prybar your new Grind is taking it beyond its Envelope

and welcome to Sheffield Quality control

remember regardless of what you Mod on the MOD you cant change the Steel tho you could try and improve the HT

oh well.... you live and learn....

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
That's the sheath for the issued jungle golok, I have one and will try to put some photos up later.
Colin

Is it? I've got the Martindale golock in the dpm issue sheath and mine looks a wee bit different to that. Unless the jungle golock is different to the "normal" one. I'm certainly no expert here. My sheath is a plce one and dates from the mid 90s (the machete is a lot older)

Quick edit:
My basic Google Fu finds the sheath that I've got:
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/s...lxxJfhGaJNnGInodti1r8Z2WKn5IavRYxMaAqcj8P8HAQ

and the one in the pic above:
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/s.../jungle-knife-sheath-new-and-used-983544.html

They describe it as the jungle knife sheath, though other folk label it as the jungle machete sheath. I'm now officially non the wiser!

Edit no 2:
Solved! According to the following link, it's for the new jungle knife, i.e. a big bolo type machete.
http://www.kitmonster.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/35/products_id/893

Last edited:

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
e7c7abcd11f2e7b9448891cce0caa95f.jpg
36485c0a9adae94598fae9728d486cf1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE