MOD Survival knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
I know they are not well regarded in some quarters, but I want one to use as a camp knife that can be used as a beaster (i.e. abused with nary a second thought).

My questions is - where do I get one cheap?

Thanks

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
No idea where's best to buy one I'm afraid but I've always rather liked mine. To be fair I haven't used it in quite a few years now as I have other knives to try for a while but after my lekku and a large camp knife a mate made, the MoD is my favourite big knife :) And it certainly is big.....and heavy. Did a few minor mods on mine, filled the handle rivets and sanded them down, sanded the square edges off the handle, reprofiled the edge to a scandi grind and ground away the lower part of the hand slip guard (can't remember the proper name for it.....hilt?). I also got a modern cordura sheath for it as the issue one is pretty cack :)

Good luck with your search :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Friend of mine who's still serving, has had his a long time, & it goes/has been everywhere with him, he wouldn't deploy without it.

Rob

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ignore the negative comments about these knives mate. Most people just recycle the same old crums and haven't even handled or owned one.

I had one for years, all it needs is a 20 minute face lift on the edge with a little file and some stones, then it'll shave your arm hair all day long.

That's my old one, I swapped it a while back but I will get another if one pops up cheap as they are genuinely awesome knives! Tougher than any becker, ka bar or whatever the yanks seem to bang on about.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
These knives are built to last, I am sure it can handle anything you can throw at it. As been said before the edge does need a little work to bring it up to scratch but it does not take long. The only thing I didn't like was the left handed sheath that it came with. Apart from that a cracking knife at a great price. I purchased mine from heinnie as they were the cheapest at the time.

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
I got mine from Penrith Survival (already linked by Will). Great knife with a crap sheath. I modified the blade profile by filing the spine of the blade from about the half way mark down to the point. Gives it a less machete like appearance.

I usually take my Mora black and GFB axe together but if I was going to take only one tool it would be this bad boy.

Cheers,

T

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I got mine from Penrith Survival (already linked by Will). Great knife with a crap sheath. I modified the blade profile by filing the spine of the blade from about the half way mark down to the point. Gives it a less machete like appearance.

I usually take my Mora black and GFB axe together but if I was going to take only one tool it would be this bad boy.

Cheers,

T

Got any pics dude?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I like mine too, just sharpend the blade and sanded the handle till it had a nice round smooth finish, unfortunately this removed the mod stamps off the handle but hey ho its a keeper so I know it was there.

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
Trying again with this pic...

jTviPaw2xMW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE