Missing cherished sold, lost items

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
Today had to sell some firearms that I had, money issues, missing them already. :(
They were re-bought by someone else in the matter of minutes. One is very accurate, easily handled.

How many of you have had a similar experience with favorite items that were sold or lost or even passed to a friend and are missed?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Passed to family here. A few items I'd had since a young teen. I had the following items embossed with that Boy Scout logo that I'd had and used way back when I was a member of Troop 107:
-Plumb 3/4 axe
-2 quart aluminum canteen
-Yucca pack and aluminum external frame

I was in my mid to late 20s when I passed them to a younger cousin still active in the Scouts.

I've also owned and sold/traded dozens of firearms in my life but there are a few that I wish I'd kept:
-A Ruger Single Six revolver with both a 22LR cylinder and another 22Magnum cylinder
-A Colt Combat Comander in 45ACP
-A Colt Trooper 357 with a chromefinish, walnut grips and a 6" barrel
-Another Chrome Colt Trooper 357 with a 4" barrel and rubber grips
-A Montgomery Ward bolt action 30-06 (made for them under contract by Winchester as a cheaper copy of their pre-64 model 70)

Lost a couple of knives:
-A Craftsman brand 4 blade/tool camper's knife (loads of good memories with that knife)
-A Queen Cutlery fixed blade knife; a 6" bladed hunting knife with bone handle

I've also owned 8 horses over my lifetime. The very first one (a pinto mare) I got when I was 6 years old and kept her until she died 29 years later. The rest I got and sold at various times (three of them were foals I'd gotten out of the first mare and one other Appaloosa) The only one I regretted selling was the third one I got. He was a Morgan gelding I got when I was about 8 years old and he was did everything asked of him: He was a great trail riding horse, sure footed, not overly afraid of heights nor gunshy, a great cow pony, and a good plow horse (every bit the multi pupose horse that Morgan's are meant to be) And most importantly, he was a gentle, patient teacher for a young horseman.

Last edited:

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
My collection of vinyl LPs. Loads of memories with those.

Still got mine and my Marantz stereo to play them on. Started collecting when I was 14 (Led Zep, Cream, Floyd, Hendrix). Finding storage space is a pain but there's a new man cave on the way for the back garden which should sort that and provide the solitude to listen to them.

John

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
WW2 Hallicrafter receiver, KW Atlantic and KW 2000B transcievers, sold for new computer stuff. Six months later I inherited a bungalow, land and cash, really miss that radio kit.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Miss my first rifle...BSA single shot martini action. It was a 1215. Lovely rifle.

Sold a mint Puma Bowie once. That was a knife I would like back.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
A realtree cap lost at holy island to the sea. The hat itself was replacable and of zero significance. Sewn onto the peak was a patch from my first ever competition, pair of crossed rifles with bisley 2005 on it. Came 24th in the contest and at the time was very proud of that placement.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
My old British Army issue leather jerkin. The ones you see in old pictures worn over the battle dress.
I'd found it in a rather sorry state in one of the old sheds at the sawmill of the estate I was working for. After asking around they said I could have it so I spent an age cleaning and feeding the leather to bring it back to life. Was my pride and joy 'till some git pinched it out of the s****ie trailer one day when I was cutting.
I have a 1943 issue felt lined PVC one and it's nice; but it's not the same and the leather ones are like hens chompers to get these days without paying a couple of hundred quid.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE