Miniature Sheath For Antique Knife....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....well its not my greatest work but i thought i'd share anyway....was flippin tricky working with thin leather, which i had to get from bulgaria (i never use 1mm leather and had trouble getting what i needed, just a small amount), and on such a small scale....and yup the press stud is too big but given the budget and the fact i had to buy the overpriced leather out of my own money (happy to do this as i'd accepted the commission....i'd initially thought 2-2.5mm would do it but it wouldve looked daft) i wasnt going to buy setting tools and fittings as well....

the knife belongs to a dude named eric who was sent over to see me by youtube legend jediknightofthewoods....i'd usually have turned something like this down but as it was a friend of jedis.....well.....gotta look after the people who matter.

here 'tis.....tiny....the original sheath was falling apart and some of the damage was due to it being the wrong shape hence why mines like it is....and eric also wanted a d-ring so he can wear it round his neck....

regards

sonni

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's sweet, can imagine it being a nightmare but you've done it proud. Customer will be happy.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol thankyou guys....yup was weird because it brought home to me just how geared up i am to make big things and therefore used to that....i guess my knife sheaths are bigger than most leathersmiths....ammo (horrible man) always wants things as small as possible when i make stuff for him and i find that tricky because to me they dont feel safe or 'man enough'....i like a monster welt in there and the knife to be well and truly surrounded by ''safety''....sometimes i look at other makers work and whilst i'm impressed with the clean, slim lines and well fitting sheath i'm always aware that the knife is only a small distance away from being very dangerous indeed....probably just paranoid old me.....anyway, was weird working in miniature and i hope eric doesnt mind the large press stud and chunky thread...at least it should last a while!

so....have just drilled the holes on ammos (i hate him) latest sheaths and about to stitch them.....if y'all hear an agonised scream in about an hour you'll know i've got them wrong, wont find out till i try the knives in them for the first time....being pretty tough doing these and if i have to start again from scratch....itll be mushroom cloud on the horizon lol....

regards

sonni

ps did i mention what a nasty piece of work ammo is?:p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE