Mini Meet Brockwell wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
no probs Rich. the more people the better.......

is some1 any good with plant recognition. im a bit pants with trees and plants. good at fires and cooking and making thing but never seem to pick up the plant things as well......

S

secdean

I can get most trees, with a ident book too.
Joely, Do you require any mess tins, We v got a pile from norway in the shed just cant get rid of them. Dean

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
Ye that would be great dean thanks very much! Been to jj's army surplus in sheffield for a look around, wanted some warm clothes or waterproofs but there just doesnt seem to much of anything about lately and i only no of one surplus shop in York.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Ye that would be great dean thanks very much! Been to jj's army surplus in sheffield for a look around, wanted some warm clothes or waterproofs but there just doesnt seem to much of anything about lately and i only no of one surplus shop in York.

The one you're referring to is catering towards the airsofter now so alot of his kit is cheap-chinese-made. He occasionally get something decent in but only rarely. Have you checked out ebay joely? What size are you, i might have something that fits you?

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
The main store is on pilgrim street and has a good selection off stuff i just bought a wool army blanket still in the wrapper £14
7 foot by 5 foot i think ! (i am no relation or connected to the shop in any way ! ) by the way ! lol

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
Cheers everyone! I'm an L or xl, Don't want to scrounge Nat so if you do have anything I would gladly pay!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
joely...... sorry just read this thread again, i got some desert DPM water proofs you can have them for nout if they fit mate......and if i dont forget......lol.......

the water at the site (from the stream) is no good to drink according to the owner she would not, even after boiling.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i think the water problem is to do with the fact there is an old dump near to the site, this will mean heavy metles and possibly toxins leaching into the water source from that site....

the farm house has a tap which it 10 mins walk and there is also a toilet there..... there are a few rules which i will copy and paste now for all to see..... the site has been booked provisionaly for 10 people by my self...... there are rare breed pork sausages and chops for sale (frozen) from the farm house which is where the toilet and water tap are (10 mins walk)

Information for prospective campers at Brockwell Woods:

If there is space on the date you require, it is helpful to know what time you would arrive. If we are not going to be in, I usually leave maps, spades, saws, rubbish bags, water bottles as required for you to borrow and return outside the front door. I leave an envelope with your map to post your fees through the letterbox.

It is a proper 26 acre wild wood, no toilets or shower blocks - you can get water from the house and there's a WC there too. There are lots of little clearings and places where you can camp throughout the wood so you can just pick your place - the map will help you to find them. If you have a car, you can drive across the fields into the wood and park near to where you will camp, or if you would prefer, park at the house and walk across the fields. It is 10-15 minutes walk across to the wood.

We expect people to leave the wood as they find it - take nothing, leave nothing. You need to bury human waste, burn paper, ESPECIALLY TOILET PAPER, and collect up and bag all rubbish. You can leave this at the house if necessary.

We expect people to behave with consideration for others who are camping, local nearby residents and the environment of the wood.

Please note that we require groups to sign a signing in sheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, car registration where appropriate agreeing to this statement:

“We expect that campers will take responsibility for damage to property and the environment. Signing your name on this list implies that you agree to behave reasonably, with consideration for other campers, local residents, property and the natural environment. We will take appropriate action with the police and through the courts if this is not the case.”

We charge £8 per person per night, £4 per child, under 5s free.

You are welcome to light fires responsibly, clearing up after them. There is plenty of dry wood - fallen and felled trees which can be cut up for firewood. You do not need to fell live trees.

Dogs are fine too if kept under reasonable control.

Please let me have a mobile phone number, address and car registration.

Steph

Here are the instructions to get here by car:

From the Western Bypass (A1 to Hexham) follow signs to A695 Blaydon, or from Scotswood Rd, go across Scotswood Bridge following signs to the A695 to Blaydon and then Prudhoe. At Blaydon roundabout you'll see a MacDonalds. (Don't stop there!) Take the Prudhoe road A695 out of Blaydon, 1st mini roundabout turn left, (not signed). Follow road round until you see a left turn – Herd House Lane, signed to Blaydon Burn.This is the second left off that road. Turn left and follow road to the end then turn left onto Liddels Fell Road. Follow the road down into the dip, There’s a sign Blaydon Burn & 30mph sign. You see a white house, a stone house, Longridge Road, a pylon, then as the road curves sharply to left and up the hill, you’ll see a gap in the stone wall on the right marked Blaydon Burn House. Turn right, bump up the track and you’re there. Look for the conservatory on the left behind the very large holly.

If you miss that turn, take the next one right off Burn Road into Beech House, it’s the other half of Blaydon Burn House and the drive curves round in front of the two houses. It’s also a bit less bumpy.

You can get a 49 bus from Gateshead to Black Lane or a 32 bus from Newcastle Central Station to Winlaton and walk down Burn Road to the Beech House entrance.

The address is

Blaydon Burn House and Farm

Burn Road,

Blaydon on Tyne

NE21 6JR

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE