Mil-Tec Flecktarn Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hi I'm currently in the market for a new lightweight tarp to replace my MOD issue job and was wondering if anyone out there had some good long term use out of their Mil Tec tarp so Good, Bad, worth the 35 quid?
Cheers for any replies in advance.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Anyone know if there is such a thing as a Tarp produced with a Flecktarn outer and a silver heat reflecting inner? Sure I've seen one just can't remember who makes it.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Anyone know if there is such a thing as a Tarp produced with a Flecktarn outer and a silver heat reflecting inner? Sure I've seen one just can't remember who makes it.

Does it have to be flecktarn? I'm thinking of a Jerven bag which can be a tarp and also a lot more. The original uninsulated bag is 1.43m square, has a reflective inner surface and weighs 650g.

http://www.jerven.com/the-jerven-bag_1

It's available in several pattterns (including signal orange!) but not AFAIK in Flecktarn.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Does it have to be flecktarn? I'm thinking of a Jerven bag which can be a tarp and also a lot more. The original uninsulated bag is 1.43m square, has a reflective inner surface and weighs 650g.

http://www.jerven.com/the-jerven-bag_1

It's available in several pattterns (including signal orange!) but not AFAIK in Flecktarn.
Hi Ged
The camo is not to important, it's just one I like, weight and pack size is the main factor really, 650g is good, TacGear do a very nice Flecktarn tarp, again 650g, pricey 90 euro 66 quid a good bit bulkier but the quality shows. The Mil Tec weighs in @ 439g and looks quite compact but if it ain't any good I rather carry the extra weight.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE