iTrack Wildlife - Animal Tracks apps.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had tried the iTrack Wildlife - Animal Tracks app, from Google Play or the Apple App Store, I was wanting to review it for the Trackers Group reading list and sources but 12 quid is a bit to rich for me, So a quick Question for anyone who has used it , good, bad, worth the cash?
Cheers for any replies in advance.

Last edited:

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Had a look at these (appears to be several versions in the Apple Store) in response to your message - but didn't download - but clearly it's a US based app. I wouldnt mind an app that covered spp.we don't get in the uk (I know which spp. are indigenous) so long as it had full uk coverage too. I doubt this will so it may be confusing for some people in the uk - just my opinion.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Had a look at these (appears to be several versions in the Apple Store) in response to your message - but didn't download - but clearly it's a US based app. I wouldnt mind an app that covered spp.we don't get in the uk (I know which spp. are indigenous) so long as it had full uk coverage too. I doubt this will so it may be confusing for some people in the uk - just my opinion.
Cheers Herbalist1
Ill the US based notes to the tracking page, It sounded a bit limited for the cash, the Pro version might be a good option, I think it was produced by Nature Tracking so it could be very good, maybe Ill ask on BCUSA see what the opinion is over the pond.
There are certainly some good ID app's available, Knots and Fungi are two my pal uses, and as you said a UK version could be good,
You know more about app than me, errr what's a spp.
Cheers

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Sorry - I trained as a biologist and sometimes use abbreviations without thinking.
sp. means species singular
spp. means species plural
sorry for any confusion.
There are some good apps available fir uk plants and trees and the Roger Philips fungi app covers both uk and U.S. species. Always prefer a book myself but you tend to have your phone on you even if you're not travelling in your mobile library van so apps certainly do have their place.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Sorry - I trained as a biologist and sometimes use abbreviations without thinking.
sp. means species singular
spp. means species plural
sorry for any confusion.
There are some good apps available fir uk plants and trees and the Roger Philips fungi app covers both uk and U.S. species. Always prefer a book myself but you tend to have your phone on you even if you're not travelling in your mobile library van so apps certainly do have their place.
Doh! now you mention it I know, I did a plant survey on a reserve with the Scottish Wildlife Trust, the boss must have said it a hundred times a day, It just didn't ring a bell, I thought spp was some kinda apps format. I also prefer books I still have my SWT issue Fitter & Blamey from back in the day.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE