Mil Tec Flecktarn Tarp - opinions and sources?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
This here isn't especially light but surely worth to mention.
I think it doesn't work well for 2 persons in Britain, but for just one it should be OK I guess.

Early P

Mar 8, 2021
Sheffield
In the end i went for an MFH tarp for less than 20 quid. 3x3 and less than 500 grammes. I folded and glued the edges and added extra eyelets and a couple of loops onto the ridge. So far it has kept the rain out. I now have a new love, Danish M84 camo so am looking for one of their issue tarp/shelters or an after market issue or fabric.

BumblingAlong

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2021
Winchester
Similarly here: looking for a small lightweight camo tarp. Can find anything so will probably buy an olive DD superlight tarp S. At least you know that the quality, pack size and weight are excellent and that's a good start. Strange gap in the market tho

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Dunno if it's too late to be useful, but I'm the one that wrote that review all those years ago. I still have that tarp, but haven't had a reason to use it for a couple of years. I never had truly epic monsoon level rain when using it, but it certainly held up to everything I used it in. I never did get around to sealing the seam on it, tho it was always my intention.

J

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I've been using the Helikon Tex Supertarp Small for a while now. In terms of dimension, it's 2x2.5m and therefore a very close comparator to the British Army basha. However it is very light (approx 400g) and compact. I got it in US Woodland camo, but it's available in several colours and sold at several UK outlets.

Obviously it's not as robust as the British army basha, but it's proven to be perfectly waterproof and able to withstand some strong winds.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
@Quixoticgeek

If you find the time, please let your tarp soak hand warm water in the bathtub and wash it afterwards without detergent.

Look at the water and the fabric to see if the waterproof coating falls off. And if not please try out later if it's still waterproof.

I assume that it degraded in the storage, but might be wrong.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE