Mid-Wales and the Borders Inaugural Bush Camp 2020 - Important Update

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
We have a saveylor inflatable canoe and are considering bringing it along if that's ok?

Sarah is the Commodore of the sailing club so will keep you posted, but there is no day membership allowed to Clywedog reservoir currently so no canoeing if your not a member I'm afaid.

Hey Greg/Davy569 - Tall Trees put the above quote on the first page - I don't want to spoil your fun as you may be able to paddle elsewhere, but the Clywedog is not possible at this time. I will admit to a family tie with the sailing club - my daughter is a member - and I think it would be remiss of me if I didn't mention it and make the current situation clear.

Cheers

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Hey Greg/Davy569 - Tall Trees put the above quote on the first page - I don't want to spoil your fun as you may be able to paddle elsewhere, but the Clywedog is not possible at this time. I will admit to a family tie with the sailing club - my daughter is a member - and I think it would be remiss of me if I didn't mention it and make the current situation clear.

Cheers

Sorry Pete, but we have been told we will have limited access (probably 4). See my post earlier.

Last edited:

Forgeways

Jun 25, 2010
Machynlleth, powys
Just to confuse everyone have just changed profile name from tall.trees to forgeways (It's been my business name for a few years now, so about time to change) still the same old silly bugger underneath

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Just to throw even more activities into the mix.. Has anyone any experience fishing the clywedog or surrounding rivers? I can bring my fly rod (and a spare if anyone wants a go) if it’s worth it?

Reactions: Forgeways

Forgeways

Jun 25, 2010
Machynlleth, powys
I have fly fished (floating line and flys) the reservoir 4 or 5 times now and as long as you can cast, you will most likely catch as it stocked weekly with rainbow trout that attack most things. The boys at the club shop will happily sell you the best performing fly of the week.

You cannot fish from any boat other than a fishing club one.

I recommend buying an evening ticket (fish from about 1500) and it's half the day ticket price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Broch
This is a slight aside. For anyone interested, Iolo Williams recently did a series called Wales Last Wilderness.

In the first episode he visited Llyn Clywedog and chatted with the guy that runs the fishing club (or hires out the boats, not sure which) and he also visits the local Osprey nests too.

It is a very beautiful part of the country.

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

Reactions: Broch

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Excellent! An evening on the lake would be magical. Thanks for the tips both!

I watched the golden eagle one last night, I shall have to check out the rest of the series. Love Iolo!

Wushuplayer

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2020
London
14th/15th September

1.Broch - Camping
2.Greg & Alison - Camping
3. BJJ - Camping
4. Tall trees - camping (wife Jayne can join in the day)
5. Pjjcarroll - camping

23rd/24th October

1. Broch +1 - Camping
2. cipherdias - camping
3. OneLifeOverland Camping*
4. BJJ -Camping
5. Soldierpmr - camping
6. Ogri the Trog - camping
7. Pjjcarroll - camping
8. Neil - Camping
9. Steve.C - camping
10. Wushuplayer- camping

I'm a total newbie and keen to learn some skills but may flake out and cancel at short notice if that's ok?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
14th/15th September

1.Broch - Camping
2.Greg & Alison - Camping
3. BJJ - Camping
4. Tall trees - camping (wife Jayne can join in the day)
5. Pjjcarroll - camping

23rd/24th October

1. Broch +1 - Camping
2. cipherdias - camping
3. OneLifeOverland Camping*
4. BJJ -Camping
5. Soldierpmr - camping
6. Ogri the Trog - camping
7. Pjjcarroll - camping
8. Neil - Camping
9. Steve.C - camping
10. Wushuplayer- camping

I'm a total newbie and keen to learn some skills but may flake out and cancel at short notice if that's ok?

You'd be very welcome and I'm sure you'll pick up a lot if you can make it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE