Metal waterbottle, cup and cover for crusader bottle and cup.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
TRADED. Thankyou.

Wanting to swap the Metal waterbottle, Metal cup and canvas bag for a NATO "Crusader" plastic waterbottle and metal "Cabteen Cup" + bag if possible.

Reason: The neck of this metal water bottle is to wide to fit a "Crusader" plastic cup on top. I bought the crusader cooker/cup lid/hanging set and it doesnt fit this bottle. The Waterbottle is watertight, and the Canteen is hardly used.

S5001214.jpg

The bottle lid is attached with some old paracord.
S5001213.jpg

Bottle and Canteen all in the canvas bag.
S5001215.jpg

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
i'm not being rude but do you realise how rare that waterbottle is?
its a 44 pattern waterbottle with the early metal screw top. i've seen these go for around 30 quid on ebay.
it was the waterbottle of choice for all british squaddies up to the first gulf war as it kept water cooler than the 58 pattern bottle.

thanks for the info m.durston, i didnt have any idea about that! I guessed it was army issue from the markings in the canvas bag, but didnt realise they were top water bottles!

Having used the Canteen, its lovely, but i want a set that will close down and fit into my rucksack all snug..Hopefully this will be of some use to someone! :) Anyone....? lol

Thanks for the offer TeeDee - will keep that in mind if no one wants to swap :)

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I was issued with 2 /44 bottle with the black rubber tops and they leak like a sieve.
The only good part is the case , stitch the flaps together and you got a good size pouch better than the 58 kidney one's
Topknot.

I was issued with 2 /44 bottle with the black rubber tops and they leak like a sieve.
The only good part is the case , stitch the flaps together and you got a good size pouch better than the 58 kidney one's
Topknot.

This one seems to be watertight, so far. Hasnt leaked in the past year that ive been using it... time will tell i guess. the seal is in good nick..

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
This is the one i had , you can not screw the rubber top down tight to the bottle thread, the rubber top slips back over the thread

web44waterbottle.jpg

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
i got one of each. the rubber top type do leak a bit!
i picked up the metal screw top one at war n peace for peanuts, when i picked up the bottle and realised what it was i said to the trader ' how much for this mate?' the idiot shrugged his shoulders and replied ' err a pound' i couldnt get my wallet out quick enough!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE