Merino Wool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I've long been a fan of the North Face polypro base layers with an Icebreaker or two on top.
TNF base fabrics contain silver particles that kill the bacteria and are made in a way not to harbour any ion the first place, so they don't smell. I have worn them for 5 days without washing (yuk) with no smell.. and I do get a bit mingy normally. Recently I bought some Peter Storm base layers as they were on offer, and they are just as good but thicker. Again, tested for 5 days with no ill effect. My last trip to Dartmoor was spent mainly walking with kit, and my mate with normal cotton Tee base stank. Hoo eee... it was not nice. I was fresh as a daisy. Job done..

"Like the first monkeys blasted into space- sacrificing themselves for the good of mankind..." ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
MagiKelly said:
......notice the merino and possum fur hat that Ray was wearing a lot in the latest Wild Food programme. I have the gloves and they are toasty warm.

Now I normally wear a flat cap as a lot of you know but there are times when something warmer is required and my old watchcap had been used as a pot holder one too many times :rolleyes: . So I just invested in the hat based on Johns recommendation. Wow thats a warm hat. It'll get a field trial up on the Welsh Marches this weekend but intial impressions are of a REALLY warm and very well mate hat for what it cost me

Red

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Well I followed my own advice. I use a Tilley Winter Hat i the cold and most other times but I have at last got the merino and possum hat for my Christmas. As Red says it is really warm. The girls seem to like it to so I might need to get spares.

The other piece of news is Chocolate Fish now have tops getting manufactured for themselves and these have got good long sleeves for the ape armed among us ;)

Amanda is still blindingly efficient as well so all good.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Well I followed my own advice. I use a Tilley Winter Hat i the cold and most other times but I have at last got the merino and possum hat for my Christmas. As Red says it is really warm. The girls seem to like it to so I might need to get spares.

The other piece of news is Chocolate Fish now have tops getting manufactured for themselves and these have got good long sleeves for the ape armed among us ;)

Amanda is still blindingly efficient as well so all good.

I got one of them :cool:

I'm not a kit person really but I always wanted a decent hat that doesn't itch. The idea of a hat made of merino wool and possum fur was too tempting.
I got it in the summer (I get a cold head at night) and have worn it pretty much every time I've been out since.

Best thing I've bought for a long time :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE