Just grabbed a great premium pure merino wool bargain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Folks who have known me for a while on here might remember that i love my high quality pure merino wool clothing, i don't wear anything else in contact with my skin (once you try it how can you go back?), at times i have had to pay a fair penny for my wool but every now and then you score good quality stuff for a real steal, like today my parcel just arrived from the sale at planet x, it's a cycle store, the stuff is cycling related, but a 275gm2 pure merino 18.5 micron thread heavyweight full zipper long sleeve cardigan for £25 quid in xxl is not to be sniffed at no matter what colours or style it is, do you know how much wool that is? :D mine will be worn as mid layers so ne hassle about colurs or logos

I got this for £25

and the matching hat for £2, the beanie is amazingly the softest merino i have ever felt, if you knew how much merino i have and have went through in my pursuits you understand how soft this hat is, i am wearing both now and they are top premium, might even grab another hat and cardy before the sale ends cos at that price it is insane

No affiliation whatsoever other than a many times happy customer, just sharing a merino bargain, there are way more stuff that this all their merino range is one sale base layers n socks n hats n sweaters

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Tempted on one of these 200gsm pur merino half zip long sleeve for £20 is mental, tempted to just grab them and leave them packaged until i wear through my current stuff

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Instead i grabbed an exact repeat of the order i just received, full zip and the extra 75gsm swung me, made sense to grab another hat too at £2, i bought a planet x gimp beanie a few years back and it is like a skullcap, this orange n blue things is huge and thick n soft, just gonna keep them in storage until i wear out some of my current wool gear, at that price it's daft

rancid badger

Tempted on one of these 200gsm pur merino half zip long sleeve for £20 is mental, tempted to just grab them and leave them packaged until i wear through my current stuff

Thats more like it but even the yellow/orange and blue is indeed a bargain.

I also rather like merino kit but I'm currently spent up.

I don't know though, might be worth risking a rolling pin around the bengle off wor lass at these prices:stretcher:

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
wearing the orange and blue hat and top now (another set just paid for at £30 incl postage it's almost theft) and they are proper cosy at 275gm2, the colors mean nothing to me, at that price it would need a life size face of Margaret Thatcher on the chest and back for it to put me off and then i'd still be like 18.5 micron thread 275gsm full zipper long sleeve premium Australian merino top i might be able to learn to live wi Maggy

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'd definitely be taking an ear bashin off me better half if that was the cost/consequence lol i'd grab 2 :D

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
don't miss out folks grab a merino bargain, IIRC sale end Monday night, i think what i am really saying is please everyone by all of the xxl sizes to save me from myself

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just got this email, extra 10% off everything ends midnight sunday

Use discount code

PRSUPERSUN0801

at checkout. for extra 10% off

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
was worth it well before the extra 10% off, kicking myself i just spent best part of 80 quid before the extra 10% i kna it's only 8 quid but it's January lol

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
i haven't taken off the orange and blue top and beanie since they arrived and they still don't smell ...... to me :D my new set should arrive tomorrow, telling self now they need to be put away as i got plenty active in use merino now and they will be great brand new next winter when one or two of my older ones will have worn out a bit (if i keep wearing them and don't keep adding new wool to the cycle) and get turned into pillow cases or something

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ta for the heads up.
Grabbed my self a black T base layer and a black beanie. Came to £23 delivered with your code.

All the long sleeved black shirts ha e gone BTW.

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Ne botha glad people are jumping on the bargains, 2 years back i got 3 of the 140gsm versions of the base layer t in one of their sales for summick like 12 quid each, they were for a 3 week summer kayaking and camping trip, everyday i wore one of them all day long paddling in the sun and never once did i stink, between the 3 i was wearing one and washing and drying the other two and they were great, still got them now but they are summer wool, still my favourite shirt to wear on a nice summer day cycling even though they are black

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nothing like merino for a base. My old faithful fat face one has seem many trips and is now full of holes. I received a new Mountain equipment for Christmas but it's definitely a winter one not to mention double or more the price of these.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Nice one! Unfortunately the long sleeve tops are out of stock in medium, but I picked up a short sleeve one and a 'sheepy' merino beanie. I'm sort of glad the Irn-Bru themed zipped top is out of stock in medium as I would have bought one at that price regardless of how garish it is lmao!

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I bought 2 hahaha and 2 of the matching beanies, to me it will always be a mid layer and i am all for the function over the colour or style, glad they are sold out i might have bought more and not ate properly next week

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE