Members Pics.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
True! The countryside does not get to be that green by accident! We have been lucky enough to spend a week at a time there on 3 different occasions which is what you need to do to guarantee a few dry days. Even when its raining or just heavy guti [guti = drizzle] it is still beautiful to behold. And a damp but exhilarating day out is always magnificently crowned by a fireside dinner.

If you ever get the chance, go to Cathedral Peak Hotel and pay for a helicopter ride over the mountains. The scheme is run by the Mountain Rescue chaps and the tourist dollars go toward subsidising the service. It is breath-taking.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I have to say it's not an opressive wet weather, refreshing!

Isn't the next town further south that place called Worcester? What a contrast!

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I'm the guy on the right. Sorry it's an unclear pic, I have no digital camera or scanner so pics are very hard to come by.
me4vb.gif

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
BUMP.. i got this picture uploaded when the site was down but then forgot to post it..
heres tomtom looking... thougtfull..
meme.jpg

:cool:

now everyone elses turn!

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Tomtom,

It's actually a laminate of lemon wood and bamboo :D

Seriously, I like to hit what I'm aiming at, hence the compound. I do enjoy instinctive archery but I'd prefer my compound if I needed to catch lunch :rolleyes:

Steve K

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2004
Eastleigh, Hampshire
Hi JFW, good to here you had such a good time.

It looks like you are wearing a right handed sheath on your left. Are you left handed? If so how do you find this arrangment?

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Steve K,

well spied, yes I am a lefty. Its a bit of a pita wearing the sheath but, I haven't got round to making up a lefty sheath yet. I quite often vary my carry from crossdraw, baldrick to left hip - it all depends on what I'm doing.
I just have to be careful when removing the knife, but you get used to it in this right handed world...

Cheers

JFW

Steve K

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2004
Eastleigh, Hampshire
JFW,

It takes one to know one, I will be getting a new knife before to much longer (when I have secured the funds) and had anticipated having such problems.

Have you tried wearing it with the loop outwards so that the sheath is under the belt? I imagine that this would work in a similar fashion to wearing a "neck sheath" on a belt.

Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE