ME Military Sleeping Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
The prices look good, as long as everyone doesn't sell them for that. Putting SRP is misleading sometimes.

I think the military are the same spec as the other tds range just in green so:

If anyone owns one of the normal ones then they can tell you what they are like.

and is the price that different to make green worth the extra?

Bill

leon-1

Ted, I have had a ME discovery for about 8 years, it is superb. It is a little larger than my softie 10, but it is a three + season in its own right and I think that it is considerably warmer (they both have the same rating).

I believe that Neil1 had also been looking at these bags (I think he bought one), but cant tell you for sure which one. It may well have been the Firestorm.

To be honest at that cost I would think of buying one and I already have 3 sleeping bags (I hoard kit).

leon-1

tenbears10 said:
The prices look good, as long as everyone doesn't sell them for that. Putting SRP is misleading sometimes.

I think the military are the same spec as the other tds range just in green so:

If anyone owns one of the normal ones then they can tell you what they are like.

and is the price that different to make green worth the extra?

Bill

Bill this is the field and trek military part of thier site and of course these bags here .

The prices are pretty much what they have quoted for SRP :)

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
tedw said:
Anybody got any experience of the Mountain Equipment Military Sleeping Bags? I generally like ME kit and I’m looking for a “toned-down” winter bag. The outdoors shop has some good prices on these:

http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/Outdoor/ProductList.aspx?cat=MilitarySleepingBags&language=en-GB

I’m looking at either the Firestorm 3 or the TDS - Good buy or goodbye?

Ted W

That is a very good price, we sell them, I own a military II. ME bags are very good. The Military range is the same as the Sleepwalker range but in green. You will not regret buying one, especially at that price.

The ME bags are far superior to the snugpak range, I don't think the two should be even put side by side on a website, there is no competition.
For further info on Snugpak v ME check out my past posts.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
TY, Bushblade, and can I say I've been very impressed by the service I've had from CCC Online :) !
The TDSIII and the Firestorm are both rated at the same warmth, but the Firestorm is heavier. Is that just because it's a bit bigger? Any other reasons to choose one over the other?

Ted W

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
tedw said:
TY, Bushblade, and can I say I've been very impressed by the service I've had from CCC Online :) !
The TDSIII and the Firestorm are both rated at the same warmth, but the Firestorm is heavier. Is that just because it's a bit bigger? Any other reasons to choose one over the other?

Ted W

Thanks very much allthough I have very little to do with the online store, other than the occasional order picking when they're out of stuff.

I have not seen in person the firestorm bags, just the Military TDS. As far as I know the Firestorms are military versions of the Firewalker civi models, just as the Military series is the same as the Sleepwalker series.
So to compare the Sleepwalkers/Military TDS to firewalkers;
Sleepwalkers have a ripstop outer fabric, Firewalkers do not (this would be the main weight difference).
Sleepwalkers have the TDS system (stretchy bits arround the legs) Firewalkers do not.
Firewalkers are cheaper.
Other than that they are the same.

jack29g

Forager
Sep 17, 2004
Leicester
is the military tds 2 £90 on that website, if so how come you said they were good prices when they are the same as all places

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Hi Ted W.

Try the RV-1 website. They have the Sleepwalker Range in green (so from the looks of things the same as the Military TDS) and at a slightly cheaper price ........ only by about £5 though!

I'd recommend this website for general kit as well. The company are based in the Royal Citadel in Plymouth and they tend to only stock kit that the 29 Commando the Royal Marines down the road recommend so it's all been tried and tested. Delivery is fast and service is good.

Beer Monster

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
TY, Beer Monster, the prices seem to have gone up at the Outdoors Shop since my first posts (sorry jack29g - I don't own the shop!) - typical, I was planning to call in there tomorrow to buy one. Back to the search button.......

Ted W

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE