Bushmoot 2014 Pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Great photo's but any chance of seeing them 'normal' and not photoshopped? Its a lovely area not far from me but the pictures just don't look 'normal'; please don't detract from the natural beauty of the falls.

You are wearing that groove out Richard.

If you can't see properly I suggest you get some glasses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51

Unless of course you are just "Trolling" as usual...

Is the stylus stuck in this groovy tune Wayland? ;)

[video=youtube;ojrQq6yc_2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojrQq6yc_2w[/video]

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Unless of course you are just "Trolling" as usual...

I don't Troll Gary (and just spent £240 on glasses :) ) but your Ystradfellte photos just don't look 'real' just my view so quit the snide comments chap.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I don't Troll Gary (and just spent £240 on glasses :) ) but your Ystradfellte photos just don't look 'real' just my view so quit the snide comments chap.

This is the third time you have made the same kind of snide comments and I'm getting a bit tired of having to explain it to you old chap.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120851&page=2&p=1505768#post1505768

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123303&page=2&p=1544570#post1544570

Your patience would have worn out a long time ago I'm sure.

I've been a photographer for over 35 years, film and file, holding a HND with Distinctions since 1987 and the Distinction of the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain since 1994. I've won national and international awards on numerous occasions and taught the subject for many years, so I can assure you I know what I'm doing.

If the pictures don't look right to you then the problem is at your end. Have you calibrated your monitor recently? Mine gets done every time it is switched on.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If the pictures don't look right to you then the problem is at your end. Have you calibrated your monitor recently? Mine gets done every time it is switched on.

Any chance you could explain how to calibrate a monitor please Gary?

It might help those of who might not be seeing your pictures at their best.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I use a hardware solution to get consistent results Steve but there are some software solutions which work reasonably well although they are still subjective because they rely on your eyes which are influenced by the light and décor of the room you are in.

On Windows 7 for example you click the Start button bottom right and then open the control panel.

In the Control Panel, type calibrate display in the search box and then click on "Calibrate display color" and follow the instructions from there.

On earlier versions we used a utility called "Adobe Gamma" which was reasonably good.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
This is the third time you have made the same kind of snide comments and I'm getting a bit tired of having to explain it to you old chap.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120851&page=2&p=1505768#post1505768

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123303&page=2&p=1544570#post1544570

Your patience would have worn out a long time ago I'm sure.

I've been a photographer for over 35 years, film and file, holding a HND with Distinctions since 1987 and the Distinction of the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain since 1994. I've won national and international awards on numerous occasions and taught the subject for many years, so I can assure you I know what I'm doing.

Gary, as I said, my views are just mine so quit with the remarks now please and yes, I have an extremely good PC and monitor...computers are a hobby of mine so they are well up to date chap.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Great photo's but any chance of seeing them 'normal' and not photoshopped?

I'm curious what you mean. Are you referring to the look of the water in the first waterfall photo? I had assumed that was down to the photo having a long exposure rather than any editing. Is that correct Wayland?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If I kept my eyes on a subject for a long time then I would see blurry water too :)
When it comes to artistic landscapes I think the Impressionists, and Scottish Colourists (among others) really ruined the beauty of the views with their blurry painting and weird colour balances - why could they not all paint like the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood boyos?
Fair makes me choke on my sausages in lard!
Call themselves artists - huh! My kid cousin could make a more realistic picture of the view with their finger paints!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if thine eye offend thee - pluck it out!
Personally I admire and enjoy Gary's photos and know that my efforts with my jpegs and compact camera could never make such evocative pictures - but I do prefer the PRBs over the Impressionists! :)

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Great pictures as always Gary love your set up as well very homely. As for the pic of the falls I think you capture the very essence of the flowing water. Just my two pennyth worth. Very nice I would give it wall space.

Sent from somewhere?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Great pictures as always Gary, especially of the falls. I see now why it pays to get your feet wet or to invest in some wellies. :) Although not sure what you have done to my left arm :p

I didn't get a chance to come see you about the Samyang lens but I think I will go ahead and get it at some point soon. :)
Also as I mentioned to you, your presentations were excellent, thanks for running them.

I always find Gary's photos amazing whether they have been photoshopped or not. Digital post processing doesn't bother me and yes I do it, along with a lot of other photographers.

I will get around to sharing some of my photos on the forum at some point soon. They are all on facebook at the moment.

There you go, fixed that arm for you Andy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE