May Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Would anyone be up for camping over the May day bank holiday week end, open fire cooking, maybe a bit of air gun shooting, sharing skills,etc in the lake district, possible birch sap tapping, a get together to welcome spring in the North of England maybe?
let me know.

camping is £5.00pp for the weekend, not per night. but it is bring your own fire wood and leave the site as if you had never been there. ALL rubbish to be taken home.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Oh cracking location know it well, have abseiled off the edge many years ago, if i can arrange travel and the misses shifts im up for it.

Last edited:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
It's 25 years since I was last here used to buy choice slate boulders(for rockerys) off a couple of guys still working the site out of a caravan I used to turn up with a Light-weight Landrover trailer and winch but the track in was rough. What's it like now were you aiming to camp with the vehicles ?
cheers Danny

It's 25 years since I was last here used to buy choice slate boulders(for rockerys) off a couple of guys still working the site out of a caravan I used to turn up with a Light-weight Landrover trailer and winch but the track in was rough. What's it like now were you aiming to camp with the vehicles ?
cheers Danny

the camp site is at the bottom near the tunnel the scuba divers use, the track is good and trailer tents are welcome, but caravans will struggle on the bends so nothing over 12` including a bar would make it. tents,bivvy`s, etc are best, the site is relativley flat but early birds will get the best places. cars are no problem, our lasses cleo makes it in and out no problem.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
there is some nice green lanes around there also !! but they have put a stop to crossing the ford by all accounts !!!!:confused:

there is some nice green lanes around there also !! but they have put a stop to crossing the ford by all accounts !!!!:confused:

there are a lot of green lanes that i drive when up there and they are open and legal if anyone is interested plans can be made to include a days laning. the ford is closed for good unfortunately from the Langdale end but there are plenty of interesting lanes without getting wet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE