Matting to sit woodburner on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
"...embers falling out the door..." should have given me a clue that it wasn't yer common garden hobo stove. Sorry. 8/

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
What about modifying or replacing the groundsheet with something that you can fold/roll back when using the stove. Any hot ashes would then fall onto bare ground!

Ogri the trog

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
Fibreglass might do it. Layers of matting sandwiched together. Could even be rolled for transport. Cheap to replace too.

Again, just thinking aloud.

Last edited:

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Fibreglass might do it. Layers of matting sandwiched together. Could even be rolled for transport. Cheap to replace too.

Again, just thinking aloud.

I think the welding mats are made from fibreglass, but then coated with something to. All told, I am erring towards just buying a welding mat.

Graham

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
A baking tray with legs attatched?

I'm not sure it even needs legs attached, I currently use an oven tray to do the same job for a firebox, and its probably big enough to sit on the ground under the stove door. I may well just end up doing that, but I had in my mind a much larger area of protected ground would be useful.

Thanks,

Graham

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'm not sure it even needs legs attached, I currently use an oven tray to do the same job for a firebox, and its probably big enough to sit on the ground under the stove door. I may well just end up doing that, but I had in my mind a much larger area of protected ground would be useful.

Thanks,

Graham

Maybe combine this with fire retardant canvas...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE