Match cases

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
So now I’ve bought the strike anywhere matches, I need a match case!

I’ve searched the threads and the best ones (small production runs) don’t seem to be available at the moment.

Anyone got any advice where I could buy a good ‘en and get it delivered to the UK?

Ta chaps

AJB

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
AJB,

There have been some for sale on BB called (I think) K&M or similar - machined from solid metal (brass and alu) and O ring sealed - they look the business. I think Hoodoo could give you a link - I've seen something similar in his pictures (often with a small compass in the lid)

Red

edit to add

Here they are

http://kmmatchcase.safeshopper.com/

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Red, please could you post the link mate? EDIT - Oops – sorry – I looked above and saw nothing – me must have our browser set up differently as the link is below on mine! Sorry, should have known you wouldn’t let me down.

Which one did you get?

AJB

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Theres only one for a man like me - the extra long :) For an extra $2 I thought it was worth it (I can put short matches in a long box but not long in a short box). Postage was only $5 too

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes i have put matches in film canisters they are great and they also float like david moulds said

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Red - I think you missed an opportunity to talk me into another group buy there! ;) :D

I've been eying these up too....is there a multiple deal on postage to be had??

ps. Film canisters don't fit super-duper-Penley matches :nana:

leon-1

When you get a chance drop Schwert a line, he is the guy that set up Keith Lunders website (K&M Matchcases), he has also arranged group buys for forums before, if you speak to him he may be able to let you know what the availability of the yellow powdercoat cases are.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
The KM match cases are fantastic I ordered two earlier this year one brass one red - I recommend contacting Schwert for further info on ordering.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Thanks guys. The cases are really superb and I think will end up being passed down to your children. Thanks for posting up the website link too.

The orange and yellow powdercoated cases are long gone and likely to never be available again due to increased production difficulties.

Keith can ship up to 5 cases in the global mailers for $5. The next size mailer is $9 and fits about 10-12 cases.

For a long history of K&M Industries do not miss reading Keith's writeup in the "Company" tab on the website. I am quite proud to have been one of Keith's early customers and never imagined I would end up helping him get these cases out.

monkey_pork

Forager
May 19, 2005
Devonshire
Schwert said:
The cases are really superb and I think will end up being passed down to your children.

Having had mine for a good while now, I'd have no doubt that this will turn out to be quite true. They are great cases, no question.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Got to agree with everyone else here who has bought one
They are a rock solid bit of kit

Just remember you don't have to only store matches in them
From what I remember there were some interesting kits that were made up to fit in them

Schwert did a great job with that group buy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE