March Brockwell meet 19/20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
I just packed my gear, except for food items. A rucksack with little backpack on front. 88L together. Will be busting with food and full water bottles. But just the one lump to carry. Yay!

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
I just packed my gear, except for food items. A rucksack with little backpack on front. 88L together. Will be busting with food and full water bottles. But just the one lump to carry. Yay!

wow 88l am dead jealous...

in using a 35l with external sleeping bag and rollmat got the ration packs so food space is minimul.

Not long to go now lads!!! woopwoop

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
who wants me to bring a dessert cot vest for them, i will ask for a small fee for it though, i think i have 2 or 3 if any1 wants one??????????

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
who wants me to bring a dessert cot vest for them, i will ask for a small fee for it though, i think i have 2 or 3 if any1 wants one??????????

You got a picture or a link mate as I may have one off ya if its what Im thinking of

Not sure about hammocking, I fancy it but wanna try the bivi bag. Whats everyone else doing tree hanging or ground dwelling?

Mark is pick up about 7 okay for you? Be at the wood for 7:30

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
here are the pic's Rich, also got the odd folding saw i dont need.....

talk details when i see you mate, just let me know if you want me to bring it dude....

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Yeah Ill take that off you mate, how much you wanting for it

Are you gonna bring that small ammo box you got for me?

You need to keep that saw to replace your re-handled one or at least replace the blade

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Yeah Ill take that off you mate, how much you wanting for it

Are you gonna bring that small ammo box you got for me?

You need to keep that saw to replace your re-handled one or at least replace the blade

NEVER!!!!!!!! ;)

yes i have that ammo box for you, and i will bring that vest for you too mate...

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
debating on whether to bring a webbing set (belt, yoke, pouches etc) or whether to jsut use the many pockets i have,

any opinions what people prefer? the many items on the belt or the many pockets approach?

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
For those who are Bivi camping are you using a ground mat? Im not sure if I will need one to help stop cold bridging between myself and the ground?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
For those who are Bivi camping are you using a ground mat? Im not sure if I will need one to help stop cold bridging between myself and the ground?

i would use one mate, i normaly use 2 but cut it down to just the 1...... we had a good frost here the other day aswell.....

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle

Me and sam are bot ground dwelling and are using mats. Last time we were out it only got to about freezing but if you foot came off the mat you could feel the cold
very fast. And thats with a -12 bag and a bivvi!

I like the idea of 2 mats like chris uses. A foam and an air i think he said a while back?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Me and sam are bot ground dwelling and are using mats. Last time we were out it only got to about freezing but if you foot came off the mat you could feel the cold
very fast. And thats with a -12 bag and a bivvi!

I like the idea of 2 mats like chris uses. A foam and an air i think he said a while back?

yes mate i use a full length foam and 3/4 thermarest type over the top, but thats only now im getting a bit older, i never used to bother with a mat at all....

from time to time i would use a 6 foot wooden table just to get me off the ground........lol.....:)

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
yes mate i use a full length foam and 3/4 thermarest type over the top, but thats only now im getting a bit older, i never used to bother with a mat at all....

from time to time i would use a 6 foot wooden table just to get me off the ground........lol.....:)

HAHA thats british ingenuity for you..
Its looking like a sunny weekend for us all chaps!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE