March Brockwell meet 19/20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
id like to be close (ish) to the brook, i will need water for Rich's blade HT and tempering for brews etc, also the bricks for the forge are over that way (ish) too....

if people are going down on the friday i suppose it depends on them, we dont really want to be miles away from each other, but im easy, we could meet up for teaching etc.......

there are some nice big logs for fire fuel near that area aswell, im bringing my big saw to cut them with, a folding saw just wont cut it........

anyway, as i said im easy........

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
really need to profile them first then just heat treat it into shape and then harden etc....

i did one the other day, it will be ready to go for Brockers.....

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
id like to be close (ish) to the brook, i will need water for Rich's blade HT and tempering for brews etc, also the bricks for the forge are over that way (ish) too....

if people are going down on the friday i suppose it depends on them, we dont really want to be miles away from each other, but im easy, we could meet up for teaching etc.......

there are some nice big logs for fire fuel near that area aswell, im bringing my big saw to cut them with, a folding saw just wont cut it........

anyway, as i said im easy........

chris.

Jeez im looking forward to seeing some metalwork in action.. if u need any help moving the kit dont hesitate to ask. just send a few flares up and me and sam will be there asap! 20! gonna be a big poop hole or a minefield of small ones...

could you post a map with your desired location? or just mark it out on the one posted in a earlier picture which i think i saw??

HT

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon

where the word Footpath is in blue writing, next to the path marked with 2 blue lines, just to the right a bit further down from the Footpath word, in between the track and brook......

its flat ground not boggey and quite out of the wind, fire wood is in the open area below the power pilons, thick well seasoned logs, lots of tiner and kindling in the birch tree area between the two....

hope this helps...

chris.

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
might dump the sleeping mat and doss bag as i have just tried the ginger wine, WOW, its going to be warm with a glass or 2 of that in me.........

:):):):):):):):) Hik!!!!!!!

will save a bottle for you John as i know how much you love it....lol ;)

I am looking forward to it EVEN more now :)

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle

where the word Footpath is in blue writing, next to the path marked with 2 blue lines, just to the right a bit further down from the Footpath word, in between the track and brook......

its flat ground not boggey and quite out of the wind, fire wood is in the open area below the power pilons, thick well seasoned logs, lots of tiner and kindling in the birch tree area between the two....

hope this helps...

chris.

Yeah thats clears it up in my mind... thanks alot.

That spot you have described sound perfect, as long as its not boggey then my ground dwelling habits sound sound,

Yeah i was wondering if we could get a list up of people so we all know? Il start one and see where it goes... Sorry if i missed anyone out its a HUGE THREAD! thats 19 so u dont have to count

HarrogateTobias
Hun7er ( my mate sam)
Lannyman8
Raikey
Minstrel
Toiletdigger
andyc54
chambers
Northumbian
chrisr
resnikov
unorthadox
joely
merrygold85
jack daniels
mountainm ?
gurnoid
dd66

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
its more like this dude,...

HarrogateTobias
Hun7er ( my mate sam)
Lannyman8 +2
Raikey
Minstrel
Toiletdigger
andyc54
chambers
Northumbian
chrisr

unorthadox
joely
merrygold85
jack daniels

gurnoid
dd66

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
hahahah no i jyust deleted the guys who dropped out dude,..

ok i just began putting my kit together,..,,

put a strap on my sleeping bag, bivi inside the stuff sack,..

everytthing else is in a response pack,.,..

so basically, i,m carrying my bedroll and everyhing else is belt packed,...hahahahahahhaa

no rucksack,...

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle

so basically, i,m carrying my bedroll and everyhing else is belt packed,...hahahahahahhaa

no rucksack,...

wow thats pretty hardcore..... no its crazy!! dont be asking me for little creature comforts when ive got a carton of milk and snacks! what food you taking? are we off up fri or sat?

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne

no rucksack,...

I was out last weekend and was under 10kg with food and 2 litres of water, and I thought I was doing well. That's just showing off.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
wow thats pretty hardcore..... no its crazy!! dont be asking me for little creature comforts when ive got a carton of milk and snacks! what food you taking? are we off up fri or sat?

I was out last weekend and was under 10kg with food and 2 litres of water, and I thought I was doing well. That's just showing off.

hahahah its just me experimenting with summat Chris and i discussed last time,...

so i cheated and have an ammo pouch for my food too,...hahhaa (bannock mix, rice, soup and 4 or 5 pepperamis,..but its fitted on the belt so i,m classing it as integral to the belt,....lol

IMG00842-20110311-2233.jpg

my creature comforts are simply just being there,...if i,m dry and can make a cup of coffee thats all i need,...

i even got my baby axe strapped underneath,...

IMG00843-20110311-2240.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE