Map of East Australia Signed by Ray Mears & Les Hiddins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
There's a map for sale on ebay signed by Ray & Les with all proceeds going to children in need, sadly i cant afford to bid for it. It also says this:
The map was signed on location in Queensland in July 2007 and marks a momentous Bushcraft moment when the two men spent two weeks together filming for the Ray Mears series. There is also a sketch of Les's signature hat and a DVD clip from the two men.

I'm excited about this series, Ray Mears and Bush tucker man in the same program, in Australia, this is going to be very special.

Good luck to you if you bid and apologies if this has been posted already!

Oops, forgot ebay link HERE

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
It's tempting, tempting, very very tempting!

Les is MY HERO! Can't wait for the series (& the DVD when it comes out). Les's ultra-dry sense of humour in all the Bush Tucker Man series was great - reckon there'll be some cracking quips when he's kicking about with Ray, who also has a pretty dry sense of humour!

Up to £122.00 as at 14.17hrs today.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
He never said he was doing a programme with Les Hiddens! Oh wow! That is gonna be so cool! I have a few of Les' DVDs and they are just as good as I remember them! I am really looking forward to this series now! I've been wondering for a while now why some of the great outdoorsmen don't get together and do a series. I had thought Ray and Mors would have been an interesting team as well.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just watch them on your PC, Wayne! I've tried to talk the missus round to doing away with the telly as I feel the license payers money is squandered for the most part. She's not buying it though. I'd be happy with just the DVD's on a flat screen of some sort, maybe a large PC monitor or something.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo! :banghead:

My two heroes and there is no way I would be able to afford it. It'll go to the sort of person who can afford an Alan Wood RM Woodlore.

Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo!

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
There are the two guys who pointed the way for me. I have watched my Les H tapes till they are almost worn out. This will be I great series. Can someone PLEASE keep us posted on when it will be screened?:eek:

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Can someone PLEASE keep us posted on when it will be screened?:eek:
Woodlore have a regularly updated page where programme details are added
(it's the "What's Ray up to?" bit of their site) - I'm sure this would be added too.

Other than that, there's a very strong chance that I'll winkle it out from one of
the listings databases. There are four one hour programmes as far as I'm aware,
if it's the same programme.

The book to the series is due out on the 20th march according to amazon so there's a good chance the series will be shown in spring. Bah! it's going to be a long winter lol.
Jodie is damn good at what she does so i'll be watching her posts like some crazed stalker
Four one hour programmes, I wonder if it's going to be a joint affair like Ray's last series or if Les is in just one of them, either way, it's going to be good.
And that map is now £185 :eek: It's the dvd i reckon, i'd love to see it myself, probably them two laughing.

One for the ladies.....
eefb_1.jpg

:notworthy:notworthy :notworthy

Woodlore outback hats anyone?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Lucky Ray, he got to meet Les! And lucky Les, he got to....etc!

He alluded to the new programme on his tour but he didn't mention Les being in it. I am really looking forward to this, if I haven't mentioned that already!

:D

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Stop talking about it! I can't wait until next year! :banghead:

Like Jodie, I often go back to watching the 'Bushtucker' videos/DVDs - they're just so good!

Oddly enough, in Australia, people kind of see him as a bit 'comedy' - he doesn't seem to be held in the reverance we have on this site. They don't know how lucky they are...

I reckon Woodlore drip-feed just enough information to stimulate interest and then leave us to stew until the programmes come out. Damn you, Woodlore! Playing with my mind!

...rant over...sorry...:rolleyes:

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Holy ****! I always had a dream there would one day be a action packed movie made staring silverster stallone, jackie chan, clint eastwood, bruce lee, arnold schwarznegger, steven seagal, jean claude van damme, bruce willis, charles bronson but also he-man, Skelletor the A-team, GI-Joe and Mc Gyver.

BUT THIS IS WAY BETTER! :You_Rock_

I can't wait, it indeed is going to be a long winter.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
It's just sold for £285. It was £251 until 20 seconds before the end when I had a bit of a mad moment and put a bid in for £281 :eek:

I'm still shaking thinking about what I'd tell Nat when she gets in from work :puppy_dog

:nutkick: :twak: :buttkick:

At least I got an extra £30 for Children In Need :rolleyes:

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
This info was harvested earlier this year and so obviously it's no longer in
pre-production but probably in post-production, or production, or some other
TV phrase :)

It came from a page on http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk which now no longer
exists, so this information may be inaccurate.

Ray Mears Goes Walkabout
Series that will follow Mears on four journeys through the Australian Outback.
In each trek he will be joined by an Australian who helps enrich his understanding
of the continent.

Length: 4 x 60 minutes
Production Co: BBC Bristol
Broadcaster: BBC2
Commissioner: Ben Gale
TX Date: 2008
Genre: Factual
Exec Producer: Ben Southwell
GL Status: Pre-production
Posted: 02 May 2007
Updated: 02 May 2007

Hurrah for Ben Gale!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE