They’re great tools, if not essential tools for beginners wanting to progress . You can’t learn to gauge measurements unless you use a ruler for a long period. And that’s what the main stick with bands is for. So you learn the gaits of animals through logging them. Sure, as you progress you can work without them. But it cuts the accuracy if you’re in a busy area with multiple tracks. There are multiple layers in tracking. Depends how serious and to what level you want to take it. Like most modern sciences, for the highest level you need tools. You can’t do accurate forensics without microscopes , measurements and a load of other things that involve chemicals and machines and knowledge that could take decades and multiple teachers. You can do forensics on a basic level without any of those. Depends what level you want. Depends how serious you want to get. If you want to find missing people close to death. It needs to be pretty good. If you want to hunt deer, not so much. If you are hunting or are avoiding dangerous people, that’s another level entirely. And if you want to learn top tier tracking then you need to learn how to use these things and carry the track you are following with you physically. Human beings perception is fallible. But if you have the traits of that animal logged and with you physically. Then that reduces that factor.
Those are just facts. I don’t see how anyone could argue against those. But let’s see. I’m open to learn new stuff about tracking. I love it with a passion. Nearly as much as ophiology.
Those are just facts. I don’t see how anyone could argue against those. But let’s see. I’m open to learn new stuff about tracking. I love it with a passion. Nearly as much as ophiology.
Last edited:
