Making a Viking sword

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Originally Posted by Iambosscat View Post

Evening all...... I know this is a bush craft forum and its bit off topic (for which I apologise in advance but it is knives sort of and I have no one else to tell) I watched a great documentary on youtube entitled 'sectrets of the Viking sword (2012) full' about the making of the sword obviously. from manufacturing the crucible steel ingot the way they think they would have done it years ago to the forging and inlays etc, I found it very interesting and thought some guys on here may too. worth a watch, Just wanted to share

You should put a link to it in the edged tools thread, there would be quite a few who would be interested.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have seen the documentary before and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was well done. Cheers for reminding me about it.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers for the link, will watch it later with the lads. Coincidentaly the middle son just recieved a book from Amazon today, "Swords of the Viking Age" By ian Peirce.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE