makers mark help (again!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
thanks for the effort sparrowhawk thats nice n neat. however the first image i put up is just a textured version of the original which is a basic outline like that one you drew. and as iv said previously its too detailed to fit onto a 2 pence peice. i will carve it into large projects but for small things i need a small basic mark that wont detract from the original work. i think Ruud is on the right track as that hoof with the letters can be made very small and still keep its detail

Dreadhead

im open to all ideas :) i dont tend to use the mjolnir as much as i always go for symbols of Odin as my name ties in with them better. but i do like simple mjolnirs. not sure how i would combine a mjolnir with something that represents my goatyness tis a tricky one ill leave it up to the designers :p

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
im open to all ideas :) i dont tend to use the mjolnir as much as i always go for symbols of Odin as my name ties in with them better. but i do like simple mjolnirs. not sure how i would combine a mjolnir with something that represents my goatyness tis a tricky one ill leave it up to the designers :p
newgoa2t.png
One eyed goat styled Mjolnir?

Dreadhead

i like that but im not overly sure. usually anything with spirals gets me right away but i think curly horns look more like a ram i don't know! im sure it was you who came up with the best design last time so you know how fussy i can be! i feel cheeky asking for designs then shooting them down :eek:

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
i like that but im not overly sure. usually anything with spirals gets me right away but i think curly horns look more like a ram i don't know! im sure it was you who came up with the best design last time so you know how fussy i can be! i feel cheeky asking for designs then shooting them down :eek:

I've run out of lunch hour for amends :(

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I thought this was pretty cool
royalty-free-goat-clipart-illustration-1114499.jpg

pity I didn't make it.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
If it was me I'd want something really simple for a signature and stick to your more complicated design as a trademark. The hard part is making them work together. I like the idea of a runic goat made up of the H G letters though. I'm not so good with runes but something like this...

P1090924.jpg

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
If it was me I'd want something really simple for a signature and stick to your more complicated design as a trademark. The hard part is making them work together. I like the idea of a runic goat made up of the H G letters though. I'm not so good with runes but something like this...

P1090924.jpg

Liking that - shows potential.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
How small is it going to be? There's loads of ways to play about with that in style and proportion but if it will be tiny then the less detail the better I imagine.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I think I got carried away here a bit :rolleyes: I was trying to see if it would make a good circular mark, maybe something you could work into the eye spiral of your other trademark.

P1090927.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE